• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AL 1966 Budd Body, maybe a U13 (not mine)

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I'm already on it. Waiting on pics and may go look this weekend.

Hopefully the already high price won't go up now...

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Very high probability of it being a springtime yellow U-13. It has roadster mirror holes on the right fender. The guy is building another Bronco and bought this one for extra parts and now he is ready to sell it. It looks used and abused and all of the hard-to-find components are missing....

It is an early build with the early hood and eyebrow grille....

RVB

Contributor
How can you tell it is a Budd body by the photos?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
How can you tell it is a Budd body by the photos?

That was all that was available when the eyebrow grills were used, so unless there's been some swapping around, it's a Budd.

skinner

Contributor
Wow.. should have upped my price on my U13 i just sold... it was an august 65, uncut much better looking shape..... gave mine away for half that price.....went to a good home though, local guy who has broncos....

OP
OP
T-Bird

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
Wow.. should have upped my price on my U13 i just sold... it was an august 65, uncut much better looking shape..... gave mine away for half that price.....went to a good home though, local guy who has broncos....

This guy is about double what it should be, but you never know the market these days. Did you register it with U13roadster.com ?

OP
OP
T-Bird

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Bobby, neither one of my 9/65 Budds have the plug. If I remember right, yours was about 100 units before my two. Have you ever figured out what that was for?

I still have no idea what it's for.

skinner

Contributor
yes sir its on registry...vin was U13FL736529 on mine..my roadster had the plug, my 10/65 U14 has eyebrow and is all original metal, yet it does not have the plug...

77Bronco636

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217512&page=3

Post #33, clarrance has a good list of differences. My 9/65 u14 is the only one I've seen with the rubber plug just behind the driver seat along the interior side.

The rubber plugs have only been found on the August and September 1965 trucks ( I have owned 2 in the past, both were August U13's)......Nobody knows the reason for the plug??? My guess is the hole was used to help pick the body up during assembly.....but I could be completely wrong...
Bobby, yours is the only September truck that I know of that has a plug........I was thinking of the build sheet the other day we pulled from your seat a few years back in Tennessee.....GOOD TIMES MAN!!!!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
There's been many times that I've wanted to pull it and look in there, I'm guessing it will either break upon removing or replacing so I've not touched it.

20160929_211905_zps5lahtagk.jpg

77Bronco636

There's been many times that I've wanted to pull it and look in there, I'm guessing it will either break upon removing or replacing so I've not touched it.

20160929_211905_zps5lahtagk.jpg

I pulled mine in the past and nothing inside that would give a reason of why its there......Just another 1966 Ford Bronco mystery......;D

BRONCO26

Loc.
SENOIA
Thanks for letting me buy it from you. It is going to make one good looking bronco when it’s finished.