• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1966 Original Steering Wheel and Horn Ring(s) relisted

Status
Not open for further replies.

SP66

Bronco Guru
1966--49 year old steering wheel in excellent condition.

1966 Horn ring in excellent condition (my opinion you decide) and complete but does have pitting as shown in pictures.

1966 additional broken horn ring included. Horn button and two arms there but complete ring is gone. Put it on your shelf, hang it on your wall, or snap off the arms and you have another 66 horn button. Also pitted as per picture of it leaning on my computer. Only 1 picture of this broken one.

$500 obo shipping included. Paypal would be best.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 6.47.03 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 6.47.03 PM.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 6.47.25 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 6.47.25 PM.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 6.47.37 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 6.47.37 PM.png
    290 KB · Views: 155
  • Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 6.47.49 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 6.47.49 PM.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 6.48.00 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 6.48.00 PM.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 6.48.11 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-08-20 at 6.48.11 PM.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 90

Schenkapotomus

Loc.
Covington, WA
i practically gave mine away - wish i hadn't since i am looking for a 66 steering wheel now. brand new just under $250... hmmm, do i want the nostalgic pitting and cracking.... hmmmm

OP
OP
S

SP66

Bronco Guru
i practically gave mine away - wish i hadn't since i am looking for a 66 steering wheel now. brand new just under $250... hmmm, do i want the nostalgic pitting and cracking.... hmmmm

Can you buy a brand new 66 only horn button or horn ring with the "product of motor company" surrounding the Ford logo? If you can I will just put it on my shelf.

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
Haha... Very true. The horn buttons are getting pretty hard to find in good condition. I have several locked away in my safe thats guarded by my pitbull.

Ink1967

Anyone know if all 66 wheels have the center horn button with attached horn ring? Or did they also come without the ring?

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They had both

pitbull is right.

Generally speaking if your truck had the chrome package the wheel had the horn ring and if you had a base model truck like painted front and rear bumpers you had a horn button. My current '66 U13 build is very odd... the truck had for sure the chrome package on it but it had horn button. I'm guessing the first owner asked/ordered a horn button instead of the ring.

I have had a few old bronco guys tell me that if you drove your truck hard (plow or off-road) most guys hated the 1/2 moon horn rings! They would get in the way of your hands if you had to steer aggressively. They even stated if you ever see a horn ring that has been cut don't assume it got cut because it broke. Many times the rings got cut :cry: because some prior owner hated dealing with it!

Personally I like the look of the horn rings and for the kind of driving I do with my Broncos the ring isn't a big issue for me!

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I have had a few old bronco guys tell me that if you drove your truck hard (plow or off-road) most guys hated the 1/2 moon horn rings! They would get in the way of your hands if you had to steer aggressively. They even stated if you ever see a horn ring that has been cut don't assume it got cut because it broke. Many times the rings got cut :cry: because some prior owner hated dealing with it!

Personally I like the look of the horn rings and for the kind of driving I do with my Broncos the ring isn't a big issue for me!

Boy isn't that the truth. I have a stock '67 that still has manual steering. It has the original wheel and at some point, the ring was added. I love the look of it and don't plan on changing it, but in order to get out of my garage and onto the street, I have to make a four point turn in my driveway.

Trying to crank the wheel with armstrong steering to make those turns are a pain with the ring. Barely enough room to get a grip on the wheel at the bottom.

Ink1967

Thanks. I knew mine had not been cut off but was beginning to wonder if the ring was an option since I was seeing a lot of both types. Makes sense what you said gas pig about it coming with the trim option.

OP
OP
S

SP66

Bronco Guru
Bump for ya!

Thanks for the bump Crawdad.
This is obviously for the collector or the guy/gal looking for an original correct restoration for their 66 and need the wheel or ring.

FYI, my 66 came with the broken ring, I payed good money to acquire the complete 66 ring. As it turned out I changed my 66 column to a later model eb auto on the column and went C4. I wanted to use the 66 wheel and ring and can but I cant get the horn to work with the 66 ring on a later model column.

Would love to use it as I've kept my Bronco looking as stock as I could but the horn is an issue for me. Won't be if you put it on a 66 column.

Or maybe someone would like to help make it work I can come from Fort Lauderdale to you for your help if you understand the issue and can make this work for me?

Willing to pay my asking price to you if you can make the wheel and horn work for me. If not it will be for sale.

Thanks for your time.
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.