• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 U13 Roadster V8 Restoration - the "Deer Hunter"

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Awesome find! That's a rare bird!

-It does have a vacuum style fuel pump, and from what I can tell may be the original Carter.

-Radiator most likely the original, surge tank as well.

-Original style master cylinder, yes.

-T shift handle and knob are correct, boot isn't. It actually looks like a '73+ J-shift boot.

OP
OP
trailerjack

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
You have your hands full on that one....will be well worth the effort!!! Can’t wait to see the final product!!! Good luck and take your time with this now....will be nice in the end!!!!!!!!

yeah, its gonna be a long process to say the least.

Awesome find! That's a rare bird!

-It does have a vacuum style fuel pump, and from what I can tell may be the original Carter.

-Radiator most likely the original, surge tank as well.

-Original style master cylinder, yes.

-T shift handle and knob are correct, boot isn't. It actually looks like a '73+ J-shift boot.

Good to know about the shift boot, I will be on the lookout for one. I found a correct air cleaner (I think) over the weekend, which was a nice find.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
yeah, its gonna be a long process to say the least.

Good to know about the shift boot, I will be on the lookout for one. I found a correct air cleaner (I think) over the weekend, which was a nice find.

Northeast Classic Ford Parts has the boots. He's got a NOS one too if you're feeling spendy lol.

OP
OP
trailerjack

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
I can't find out who made this metal hard top but I am pretty impressed with the craftsmanship. They used an actual hard top lift gate in this. Pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMG_5381.jpg
    IMG_5381.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 68

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can't find out who made this metal hard top but I am pretty impressed with the craftsmanship. They used an actual hard top lift gate in this. Pretty cool.

looks like someone took a truck camper cover, did some fab work and turned it around backwards

OP
OP
trailerjack

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Working on piecing some things together for this. Going slow, especially as I am trying to finish up my 61 Sunliner. Hope to start tearing it down by Nov 1, and see what I can get accomplished over the Christmas holiday.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Working on piecing some things together for this. Going slow, especially as I am trying to finish up my 61 Sunliner. Hope to start tearing it down by Nov 1, and see what I can get accomplished over the Christmas holiday.

Hopefully you're more of a go getter than me, I've had everything in the shop to redo my 66 u15 for about............a year and a half now???? lol %)

OP
OP
trailerjack

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Hopefully you're more of a go getter than me, I've had everything in the shop to redo my 66 u15 for about............a year and a half now???? lol %)

With grad school being done for the year Oct 23rd, I am ready to get to work on my projects!!!

That top is awesome! Looks like it might feel a little roomier inside with it too...

It is actually much roomier! Whoever built it def knew what they were doing. I have half a mind to keep it and re-do it to make it look nicer!