• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 U14 Value Opinion (Check out PICTURES)

blankenship76

Loc.
Indianapolis, IN
Well I ran into a body guy through a mechanic I know who has a 66 bronco in the middle of restoration.

It is a true 1966 U14 with original bulkhead and top in good shape. Production date was Dec 1965.

Anyway here are the pictures of it as it sits right now. He has sand blasted most of it and has begun the getting ready for paint. There is a little filler, but it was only used for dents not rust. It needs a new tailgate(never had one when he purchased), new front bumper, new alt, & radiator. My mechanic has driven this before it was taken into the shop, he said it ran fine and stopped fine for manual brakes.

Anyway, the body guy has a nice little shop and does some nice paint work for some of the classic car guys. He began this project with a buyer which is why he picked it up, since the buyer has gone away.

He was planning on restoring it anyway. Anyway, its going to be stock with a reupholstered interior, and just steel wheels(NO HUBCAPS).

Anyway, I would like to know what a value is on this truck once its painted(imagine a very nice paint job, but not Barrett JAckson quality), as I would like to buy it, but only if I can buy it RIGHT. As I am already deep into my 76 wagon resto that is coming out the body shop right now.

Here are some pics of how its sits.

661.jpg

662.jpg

663.jpg

664.jpg

665.jpg

666.jpg

667.jpg

668.jpg

669.jpg

670.jpg

671.jpg

672.jpg

673.jpg

674.jpg

675.jpg

676.jpg

Last edited:

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
it looks like it has had alot of rust isses. floor pans,bed, strikers, inner hinge mounts on driver side and inner fenders.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
The entire floor looks like it has been plated back together, I would proceed with caution. Wouldn't expect to pay too much as the floor is plate and diamond tread vs factory rib and groove. To me, that would ned to be repaced as well before I would lay down coin and if it is painted in that condition and you choose to take it back to a more origional state, the paint job would be a loss I would think.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Are you asking what it's worth now, or when the restoration is done? If done correctly, $15,000 - $20,000 would be my guess.

OP
OP
B

blankenship76

Loc.
Indianapolis, IN
As it sits then sandblasted, primed, painted, with new tailgate&bumper. In good running order he wants 8k completed. I'm sure he would put new pans front and back at my cost.

barronj

Bronco Guru
Are you asking what it's worth now, or when the restoration is done? If done correctly, $15,000 - $20,000 would be my guess.

If what you're showing is the restorer's first steps at restoration, you're looking at a half-ass resto. The pad is still on the dash, that should tell you a thing or two, and the dash is being blasted with the knobs in place. It will likewise be repainted with those same knobs in place. It will come out looking like crap. I would expect a dash to be disassembled & removed for any kind of repainting. If I can do it, anyone doing it for money/profession should be expected to do it.

Regarding the rest of the rust, I would expect the same level of effort as you're showing me on the dash.

It might look pretty for a year or two after it's painted, but once it starts to bubble up/flake off/flatten, you're going to be disappointed unless you point all these shortcomings out now & get the price down LOW.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
it looks like it has had alot of rust isses. floor pans,bed, strikers, inner hinge mounts on driver side and inner fenders.

X2 Lot of things have been patched instead of replaced. No, I wouldn't give $8K when finished. We haven't even gotten into the frame, running gear, electrical etc.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I see way too much half ass panel replacement. He's using cheap generic primer which I would seriously question also. IMO he ruined a great rig.... Maybe if you can pick it up cheap and turn into a crawler or mud truck, but to restore it right, your going to be in $2-3K in replacement sheet metal to fix his screw ups!:mad: