• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 wagon top

SP66

Bronco Guru
Been on a quest to track down 66 parts. The last piece I'm interested in is the 66 top. I heard the difference is a separate handle and lock on the back. Was 66 the only year with this configuration? Found one near Pittsburgh.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
My lock mechanism broke, so I replaced the whole handle with the more common 67+ locking style then just left the non-functional lock cylinder in place to fill the original hole.

Here's a pic of the OE 66 setup:

Attachments

• DSCN0566.jpg
    DSCN0566.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
S

SP66

Bronco Guru
My lock mechanism broke, so I replaced the whole handle with the more common 67+ locking style then just left the non-functional lock cylinder in place to fill the original hole.

Here's a pic of the OE 66 setup:

Thanks was 66 definitely the only top configured this way. Any other differences that are noticeable?

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
the mounting holes over the windshield frame are spaced different than later models with electric wipers, and on my 66 I noticed that the top cross braces are bolted in, not welded. not sure when they stopped doing that.

saltyj

Loc.
Weslaco, Tx.
Hijack, any vendors offer a replacement lock for these? Mines broke and like to keep the seperate configuration. Hijack off:)

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
Thanks was 66 definitely the only top configured this way. Any other differences that are noticeable?

My '67 has the same lock as your '66. It was built in September 1966 so if you find an early '67 top it should be the same.