• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1967 Bronco - Whats it worth

mwvdub

Loc.
Wheatland, WY
I still don't know enough about EB's to know how to value one, so I am asking for advice. I went and looked at a 67 after work today and need help figuring if the price is right. I work with the owner and he was not available to show it to me today so I helped myself. I am going to grab a battery and try for a test drive tomorrow.

What I know:

-Paint is ok. repainted a few years ago by the current owner.
-Typical floor panel rust.
-289 rebuilt 300 miles ago - heard that story before but I lean towards trusting the guy. Have know him a long time. Supposed to be the original engine.
-Tranny starting to slip in 2nd
-Truck has been sitting about a month
- VIN U15NLB42
-Looks like front mounts were rotten and replaced
-I think a good wash job would increase the curb appeal by 100%. Its parked directly under a tree and cover with leaves and bird droppings.
-Some of the lighting is weird since the sun was setting. The passenger side photo looks like a huge dent by the rear of the door but its just the sun. There is a dent on the passenger front fender, a small one on the rear by the tail light and a few on the top.
-Not much rust to speak of, other than the floor. The door strikers, inner fenders, tail gate and frame look pretty solid.

IMG_0281800x600.jpg

IMG_0285800x600.jpg

IMG_0288800x600.jpg

IMG_0292800x600.jpg

IMG_0293800x600.jpg

IMG_0307800x600.jpg

IMG_0310800x600.jpg

IMG_0326800x600.jpg

IMG_0295800x600.jpg

IMG_0285800x600.jpg

IMG_0283800x600.jpg

What do you think a fair price for the truck is? Thank You in advance.

Last edited:

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Its really hard to price from a picture but it dont look as bad as some others i have seen. Alot is probably hidden. never expect to buy a bronco and not have to work on it. Id say no more than 3 grand.

Its a 67 and that has some differnt things like doors that wont match up with later year doors. Nice thing is the upper frames should be removable. 68 is my favorite year though.

Id offer $1250 and go from there. $1500 is a good deal.

Again just be ready to tear it all apart and spend 10 grand on it in the next 5 years.

Looks like someone added power steering? Is it a 3 on the tree or auto? Dana 30 front axle still? 4 wheel drum brakes?

OP
OP
M

mwvdub

Loc.
Wheatland, WY
I did notice that it had power steering added. It is the three on the tree still, the dana 30, and drum brakes. It looks basically stock except for the lift, power steering and new paint.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Theres the tell tale sign of a bronco! Floor pan rotted out! Hey better than the last one i looked at and test drove....that one had a coat hanger holding the pass door shut and a plastic 3 gallon can between the front seats for a gas tank, oh and had no brakes. That guy wanted 3 grand and after talking to him for a hour i finally figured out that he was so attached to that pile of shit that he didnt want to sell it! I wouldnt have taken it if HE paid me!

Your dont look bad. I really nice one will cost ya 6-8 grand. a really really nice one over 15grand.

I like my 289 and my 3 on the tree is a solid easy to work on trannie. My 4 wheel drums and dana 30 cleaned up real nice and stops just fine for normal driving. Dont get yourself upside down right away by paying too much. A old bronco in that shape ant worth it unless its really cheep. Again just be ready to fix all 4 brakes, maybe a driveshaft and a wheel bearing. Also get ready for a complete rebuild of the steering system and trac bar. If your mechanically inclined and like to tear stuff apart and make it better then a bronco is alot of fun. If your looking for a ausome looking truck then a bronco is a good choice. If you hate spending money on a vehicle and have to have a mechanic do everything then forget about it!

have fun whatever you decide.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It looks like the brake lines are really stretched. Be careful with that

OP
OP
M

mwvdub

Loc.
Wheatland, WY
I definitely am planning on working on this one/a future one, myself. I must say that I am even more confused now about the price after your price offer suggestion. I figured an uncut bronco with only a little rust would be worth more. The owner is asking significantly more than your estimate.

OP
OP
M

mwvdub

Loc.
Wheatland, WY
The owner told me yesterday that he was going to park with a for sale sign for $8000 but would take $6500. I talked to him again today and he told me if I took it this week he would take $5000 and throw in another bronco three speed. The guy is sort of the local bronco guy. He has about a dozen in various conditions so I know he knows what they are worth but i think he is a little high. I am sure there is more rust hidden but I was actually sort of surprised at the lack of really noticeable rust.

Numberfool

CA... Prices here in LA are stupid high. No idea if people are moving them or not. I had to drive 12 hours each way with a trailer to get the price right.

In our area, that would be a 5-6k Rig.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
There isn't a snowballs chance in hell that's an $8000 Bronco! AND most people can't even give away stock 3 speed, I sold a rebuilt one for $20, and threw 2 more in the recycle bin...

Go to the bank and pull out 45 $100 bills, go to his house and lay them down one at a time... If he says no, scoop them up, put them in your pocket and walk away!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
That would be a 6-7 thou.....in the North Ms. carlot pool area!!

Now whether or not it would bring that or not is a whole nothere story??

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I'd say $3-4,000 if it drives OK. You'll likely find some more rust, but its not a Minnesota rig so it shouldn't be too bad.

This is what I was thinking. The body is in really good shape from what I can see in the pictures. Floor pans are easy to replace. I would offer $2500, but be willing to go higher.

OP
OP
M

mwvdub

Loc.
Wheatland, WY
I finally went and drove the bronco in question yesterday. I looked it over again and it is not in as good of shape as I remember. The first thing I noticed is transmission will not go into second gear. Not sure if its the clutch, trans or linkage. To combat this issue the transfer case was in low range so he could shift from first to third while driving in town. This has lead to trans wear, T-Case wear, and driveshaft/ujoiunt wear. They all need replaced/rebuilt. It also has leaks on the oil pan dipstick, the power steering reservoir and the master cylinder that need immediate attention. It will also need new tires since they are dry rotted and new floorpans all around after closer inspection.