• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1967 Bronco , whats it worth

mymachone

I have an opportunity to buy a 67 bronco , the usual rust every were . It has a 302 , automatic tranny ,

Looking at it , about the only thing left salvageable is the drive train , frame and maybe the body but that's questionable

The guy wants $4000.00 for it , I was thinking more like $2000.00 .

What are they worth ?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Too hard to say without detailed pics.

You barely gets a parts Bronco for $2K now days.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
A '67 with a 302 and auto is not original. Need pics to really get any idea of value. I would say $4k is high. Where are you located, does it run, how bad is the rust, etc, etc, etc.

Firedog67

Any pictures? That would help

What is your skill level? Can get pricey to have someone do all the necessary work.
Just my opinion without seeing pics $4000 is high

cldonley

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
I paid 2900 for my 69 2 years ago with a salvageable body and solid drive train with a slew of new parts the guy had already purchased then decided against doing the build. A lot has changed in the last two years (thanks to TV), but I would thing $4k is high.

OP
OP
M

mymachone

I have already restored a 68 Chevy Short bed step side and a 69 Mach one Mustang , so I am knowledgeable about the work . Just not sure what Bronco's are going for these days.
I know all these off road vehicles are going up in price , so I think maybe I'll offer him $2000.00 and he'll probably take it , he lives in the bars and always needs his drinking money

Letsgocrawling

Loc.
Tucson Az.
I have already restored a 68 Chevy Short bed step side and a 69 Mach one Mustang , so I am knowledgeable about the work . Just not sure what Bronco's are going for these days.
I know all these off road vehicles are going up in price , so I think maybe I'll offer him $2000.00 and he'll probably take it , he lives in the bars and always needs his drinking money

Jump on it Mym---you could always resell it, probaly make you some money if you did'nt work it!

Firedog67

For $2000 to $3000 and if it runs, I would jump on it. Values are thru the roof lately
Just my take

J

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Just a suggestion, but have the cash in your pocket and pull it out when you offer. Cold hard cash is hard to turn away from...

OP
OP
M

mymachone

Just a suggestion, but have the cash in your pocket and pull it out when you offer. Cold hard cash is hard to turn away from...

That's exactly what I am going to do , looking at 20 - 100 dollar bills will get his attention , this I am sure of.

OP
OP
M

mymachone

A '67 with a 302 and auto is not original. Need pics to really get any idea of value. I would say $4k is high. Where are you located, does it run, how bad is the rust, etc, etc, etc.

I knew the 302 wasn't original or stock , but wasn't sure about the automatic part , so the 67 never came with an automatic ?
That's just more info I need to make my offer low.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
OK, I have thought about this some more considering it is a '67 and here is my $.02

It does not sound like it is a good candidate for an original restoration, so the C4 is actually an upgrade worth more (still is even to many wanting a stock appearing Bronco that may not have had one originally) so if the guy has a clue, he will know that, so no real deduction there.

Here is my breakdown of the sum of the parts to see if you might be better off starting with something else or just a bare frame and getting more desirable parts.

The C4 if complete is worth about $350-$500 , The 9" rear is a small bearing, worth about $200 and is not as desirable as later big bearing and especially 77 big banjo center 9" rears that are worth $400-$500, the frame if not rotted is worth about $400-$500 with the title, the drum brake Dana 30 front is not with squat to most people, the T-case is worth about $100-$150, manual steering box is not something you likely want, worth about $50 to someone who needs one, expect to pay $300-$700 for a PS upgrade.

The body sounds really rough, so that could be worth from nothing to $500 or so but will take a ton of time and money to make it decent.

If this were a later year with some more desirable parts, it might be worth $2K or more, but being a rough 67, I'd say $2K would be more than I would spend on it based on my above numbers unless it has something of other interest about it, (is it as U13 or U14 body; roadster or pickup) or is it the more common wagon?

As you should know if you have done other vehicles, buying a cheap but rough vehicle is usually a false savings since you will spend a hell of a lot more in labor and parts to get it to the same point compared to spending a couple or even several grand more up front to get something with more desirable parts and little to no rust, even if that means pay to ship it in.

I will not even consider a basket case rusty Bronco as a project anymore unless it has some super unique history of significance. It simply is not worth it otherwise in added time and cost.

So, I think I would have to pass on this one since I would want to upgrade most of the parts that are already there (D44 w/discs, PS, BB 9", power brakes, etc. ).

Where are you located? I am in PA and have a 76 parts/project that sounds in similar condition that I was going to list on ebay or craigslist and and it already has the disc 44, C4, BB 9", (PS removed and no engine but I have a few of each from others laying around)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
To me its sounds like even $2k is to much. Broncos are only worth whatever someone will pay. Yes due to recent TV shows and auctions the price has jumped but only for those willing to pay. When the overpriced sellers figure out that its not selling well they will come down in price. If I was selling a bronco Id start out with a high price as well. See if I get any takers. Then if I really wanted it gone Id lower the price.
Never know what all it has you may want to look closer since t has a 302 and a C4 already someone may have swapped in a D44 PS front discs ect. All worth a little money