• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1967 US Navy U15 vin question

Ponycarclassics

Loc.
Franklinville,NC
Hi newbie to this forum. Just bought a 1967 US Navy bronco and yes it is military and still has the us navy data attached to the dash. When searching vin though I noticed the decoder does not recognize the B in my vin before the production sequence. Is that due to its military production? Also any help on how these Broncos would have been optioned. I've read the threads on these and haven't got my marti report yet. Probably be asking u guys lots of questions. Thanks

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
No. Broncohio has errors.

Not many options in the early years.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Glad to see another set of headlight guards surviving! Can't wait to see more!

If you want to, send me some pics at jgolden6677@yahoo.com and I can share them on here for you.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I envy you! I work on a navy base and want to restore one so I can drive it to work every day.

Congrats on the rig, I really like it!

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site and really cool Bronco with some history. But really, should a newbie be allowed to have such a neat first Beonco, enjoy.

OP
OP
P

Ponycarclassics

Loc.
Franklinville,NC
1 more try

Guess it's going to take practice posting pics. Noticed this bronco about five years ago and it was three more years of just riding by to make sure it was still there because I didn't really have the funds to even make an offer. Then two years ago got the nerve to stop and inquire about the vehicle with fear that I might make the owner angry only to find out that he was a really nice guy who actually knew my wife's family that's when he told me a little bout how it used to be a military vehicle and the previous owner never tagged it but used it to move cattle trailers around the farm and how he purchased it from him in 1982. Owner would not even talk about interest in selling till. Just recently after another stop to chat did he finally put a price on it. Now here I am the proud third owner.