• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1970 Bronco U152 Emblems

tonytony9

Contributor
Hi Guys,

I've been doing my research and trying to narrow down the correct badging for my Bronco, as it came from the factory. It is a 1970 U152 built August 1969. It is the HD package.

Based on my research, it appears the Bronco should have a 302 emblem (passenger side only), and Bronco badging on both sides on the fenders. I noticed pre drilled holes above the marker lights and where the Bronco emblem would have been. Of course, someone along the way could have drilled out those holes and added the 302. Which is why I am coming to the forms to see if I can find the correct information.

For the Bronco badges, what would indicate that the it was a "Sport?"

I was looking through Ford archives for the 1970 marketing brochures and found it interesting that no marketed vehicles displayed the 302, at least in my search.
Screenshot 2024-05-29 085923 edit.png
Media source: https://www.vdm.ford.com/content/da...sovers/bronco/pdf/70_Ford_Bronco_Brochure.pdf

f2502011

The red one has the Sport Bronco emblem. 1966-1968 had 289 badges and 1969-71 had the 302 badges on both fenders. Perhaps the ones in the pics are both 6 cyl.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Correct on the 69-71 302 badges and the sport/bronco emblems. Depending on how original your bronco is still, there should be plenty of chrome and bling. Side trim(but could be ordered without), chrome grill trim, chrome headlight rings, horn ring, the fancy door panels, parchment floor mat, etc.

OP
OP
tonytony9

tonytony9

Contributor
The red one has the Sport Bronco emblem. 1966-1968 had 289 badges and 1969-71 had the 302 badges on both fenders. Perhaps the ones in the pics are both 6 cyl.
Correct on the 69-71 302 badges and the sport/bronco emblems. Depending on how original your bronco is still, there should be plenty of chrome and bling. Side trim(but could be ordered without), chrome grill trim, chrome headlight rings, horn ring, the fancy door panels, parchment floor mat, etc.

Pretty much no chrome left. Although, that will change with time. Although, it is very original in other respects.

With this being said, is the correct Bronco badge the one with the red Sport component?

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
Pretty much no chrome left. Although, that will change with time. Although, it is very original in other respects.

With this being said, is the correct Bronco badge the one with the red Sport component?
Be careful. The "Sport" emblem has an extra attaching pin, and an extra hole in the fender. So if you don't have the extra fender holes, it wasn't a "Sport" fender.

A marti report on your 70 will tell you if it was originally a sport. Otherwise, the argent grill with bright chrome trim (and a couple dozen holes in the grill) is a giveaway. Also, the Sport will have come with stainless wing window uprights.

I suppose it was possible to order a sport and delete some of the bright work, but that seems kinda silly.