• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GA 1970 u14 with full top (not mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey Slowleak, I went by the body shop and the guys were all over me about this rig, I called and ask the price and when he said $10K, I thanked him and hung up. I didn't even ask if it runs!!! I think it's more in the $2-4K range. It's gonna cost alot to get it back in shape. Check this link and come up to Canton next weekend and meet a bunch of local EB folks and look at their rigs (of all sorts), it may help you out!! Good luck!!;D;D

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228705

OP
OP
Slowleak

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Thanks for the link NGA. I will do my best to make it. I think you and BroncoDriver are on track with the value of this one. I told the seller I thought he was about 5k high and to email me when he drops the price and I will consider it. Im looking for a good uncut pickup to restore.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Yeah if he actually had the half cab top it may be worth a little more, but without it a U14 with a full top isn't really worth any more than a standard U15 wagon. Good luck on the search. I am considering making mine a half cab during the winter. Will still run the soft top in the summer though.

sprayman

I own the shop this bronco is at. This bronco is very rust and dent free! Yes it's ugly. This bronco does not need floors, quarters and tail gate like most of the unrestored trucks. We do have the half cab available. This is not the kind of rig you are going to buy and flip and make money. As most of you are looking to do! If you are looking for one to fix up and keep you would be stupid not to consider this one. The motor runs Great and does not need to be rebuilt. It drives Ok, clutch is good, brakes should be up graded to power disc. Needs, shocks and center drag link, plus tires.So with this being said go ahead a buy you one for 4-5 thousand and see how much you have in it after you replace all the rusted door post,rockers,quarters and floors

sprayman

NGA Bronco, I don't know how you figure we were all over you at our shop! We happen to have a lot of people at the shop when you stopped by, we did enjoy looking at your bronco, we are bronco fans. I own two other broncos that I am building for my daughters.

sprayman

Hey NGA bronco I thought you were that guy Phil that stopped by. My buddy said that that wasn't you. Kinda funny then that you must not have even stopped by, because no one seems to remember you! I guess you own the purple one with the really bad fitting sheet metal.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Hey NGA bronco I thought you were that guy Phil that stopped by. My buddy said that that wasn't you. Kinda funny then that you must not have even stopped by, because no one seems to remember you! I guess you own the purple one with the really bad fitting sheet metal.

If you read his post, it's obvious he was at a different body shop. If he was already at yours, why would he call to ask the price?

SettersRule

Loc.
Fort Payne AL
If this is a real "Sport" as it appears in the pictures ... it has to be rare in a U14 correct ???

Not sure where the tailgate chrome is ... I don't see evidense of an outside spare tire rack.

Be Safe All

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina

Hey sprayman, I was at the bodyshop where I hang, the guys there are always trying to find me EB's. I called and ask the price, someone told me $10K, I thanked them and said goodbye. Later that day, Slowleak ask for advice on the price of an EB in a Craigslist Ad. I gave him my opinion, I don't comment on prices in ads on the CB For Sale section.

Good luck with the sale and with 2 EB's you're building!!;D;D

sprayman

My bad then, I'm sorry for calling you out then! Every one is critic. I'm sure you know what I mean. This is a really great truck. It is a true survivor. I would love to have it myself, it's a little more solid than one of mine and a lot more than the other, but uncut, 1/2 cab is not my style. It would be a sin to cut this one up. I think most of you would agree! This truck needs to be restored. But people call and want to steal it. I don't mean to be a Ass but every one passes judgement by a picture. Come by, craw under neath it, hear it run, then tell me it's not worth 10,000. It is a true barn find. If its not in your budget that's Ok, it's not in mine either

sprayman

Setters rule, from my research all of the 1970 u14 were sports. I think the production number was under 1800. The tail gate trim is missing, but the clips are there. It never had a tire carrier on the back, or a back seat. The holes are in the floor for the bulk head. The windshield , top and doors have been replaced from another rig. Maybe something fell on it at some time. The doors are really nice, the windshield hinge area is a little jacked up. I'm going to go pick up the 1/2 cab this week,not sure if we have the bulk head,been stored awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.