• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1971 Bronco (Michigan) - $2200

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

Loc.
Dexter, MI.
Hello,

I've not put up an AD on craigslist or the local newspaper yet but plan to do so. Not in any hurry so I thought I'd see if the good ole' website here would cause any traffic. :)

Anyway, forgive me if I lack details and please do feel free to ask me any questions.

I bought this Bronco last summer for the same price I am selling it for. I had big plans for it with my brother in law who is really into Ford and working on projects like this. Those plans have changed. They are getting divorced and I have a baby on the way.

The truck was a 6cyl and the previous owner was in the middle of converting it to a 302 8cyl. He had no battery in it but he did start the engine and prove to me that it runs with a battery before I bought it. He rebuilt everything and took very good care of it for many years and then started to run out of time to work on and enjoy it so he sold it. He had pictures of it over the years and it did look like he took very good care.

I've not done much to the truck yet, only grabbed the v8 radiator from a local Bronco friend and the mounts to mount it then put it in. The Bronco has been sitting in my garage protected from weather instead of my 2004 car.

It came with lots of extra parts which I dont recall off hand: gas tanks, transfer case I think, 4 off roading large tires as well as 4 small ones to move it around with. Just a load of extra stuff/parts in the bed. The selling point for me was the fact that it has little rust. The body needed little work, the frame is great due to the prior owner, the bed and floor pans are great! The dashboard probably needs to be replaced.

Wow, I'm typing too much. Anyway. Message or email me with questions. :) I'm just looking to get back what I paid for it even though I did a couple of things extra.

I'm near Ann Arbor Michigan. Check out my Bronco pics on my profile for what it looks like. The super swampers in the pix through were a friends and dont come with it (but the other 4 huge tires do).

Homer (buht@buht.net)

OP
OP
homer

homer

Loc.
Dexter, MI.
Vin

Bronco VIN - U15FLK34518

- U15, (Model U150)
- GVW, 3900
- 170 ci (6 cyl) (being converted to V8)
- Michigan Truck
- Built during October of 1971
- 3 speed manual - Ford 3-spd
- Rear axle is 4.11 (2780#) (non lock)
- Color is Boxwood Green
- DSO code (Jacksonville)
- Ford manual 3 speed transmission (3.03)
- Dana 20 transfer case
- Dana 44 front end
- Ford 9in. rear end
- Sport trim package on exterior
- 12.2 gallon main, 10.3 aux (aux isnt in it right now, but have it)
- tires stock were E78/15 or 6.50 x 16
- Dana Spicer drive shaft
- Gemmer manual steering gear (approx 6.5 turns lock to lock)

hewie73

Loc.
Morrice, MI
Homer,if this is still available, i'd like to come look at it friday. I'm not far away, 10 miles north of fowlerville. I'm available anytime on fri.

any more pics?? Is the v8 conversion complete?

sdw1

Is the bronco still available? I sent an e-mail with contact info. I would like to see the bronco at your earliest convience. I am about 45 minutes away.I am available any time. thanks

amc78cj7

Loc.
Ann Arbor, MI
Homer, Let me know if this doesn't sell. My family settled in Dexter from Germany in the mid-1800s and our family has stayed in Washtenaw county until I deserted to St. Louis with Pfizer last summer. We'll be back in Michigan in a month and I could bring the trailer and pick this up.

Keep me posted via email please. Thanks.

nhanselman@sbcglobal.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
homer

homer

Loc.
Dexter, MI.
Update: Emails..

Hello All,

Thanks for the interest! I didnt expect so many emails outside of this forum. I am just responding to let you all know that I've either responded to your emails or messages from classicbroncos for each email prior to this post.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I do have some other pics which some have requested. Pop me an email and I'll send you a few.

Eric

OP
OP
homer

homer

Loc.
Dexter, MI.
Hello everyone,

The Bronco was sold today.

If anything falls through with the current purchaser for any reason I will be sure to contact the others that also wanted it in the fair order that they were interested.

Thanks for your interest! Makes me sad I cant work on one just yet! :(

Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.