• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1972 RADIO LOCATION DIMENSIONS

Mikemairs

Good morning.
There is a big gaping hole where the original radio use to be. I'm welding that area back in and going back to the original style radio and would like the exact location for the radio knob holes.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Mike

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Back to the top for you Mike.
Lots of members have done that over the years, so somebody should have a dimension for you. Or, with any luck, someone has their stock radio out and can measure the holes.
My dash is original, with no radio, but I won’t be able to get to it for awhile.
Hopefully someone else can get to it theirs first!

Evolkid

I have an image I found online years ago. It's been awhile since I've been on here but I can post pictures anymore.
The holes are 1-1/2" from the bottom edge. Two outer holes are 5/32". the knob holes are 7/16" and the bulb hole is 1".
5/32 to 7/16 hole distance is 1/2". 7/16" to 1" hole is 2-9/16". Hope this helps.