• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX 1973 Light Blue ** SCAM **

MattNelson

http://houston.craigslist.org/ptd/5370919488.html

If it pops up in your city (it's been in several cities around the US) flag it as "prohibited"

1973-ford-bronco-uncut-4x4-302-auto-411-9-inch-rear-end-dana-44-front-axle-nice-2.jpg

mgb0302

Its in DC Craigslist now

Called about it last night hoping it was a DC yuppie that did not know what he was selling! Thanks for the info!.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
i've flagged it in a dozen states in the last 3 weeks, keeps showing up.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
had a friend contact me about it a couple of weeks ago, told him it was a scam/

Tmasnado

Ok... so I went ahead and took one for the team.... buddy wants a Bronco.

Kansas City Craigslist ad with a TEXAS number... single pic with phone number superimposed

Called number... odd voicemail female voice... Hmmm Left no message, already VERY skeptical

Hours later, I get a text saying they'd send pics.... I bite (with alter-email address)

Again... hours later I get this from a John Pearson

Hello,

The Bronco is located in Florissant, MO. It's in very good condition and the title is clean and clear. I'm out of city right now,have and manage two cabins in Branson, MO. To sell the bronco, i have to do a trip back home.I'm waiting for your reply if you are seriously interested in buying it.

302 automatic original engine 411 9inch rearend Dana 44. Right front fender and driver door has some minor dings. Paint is in fair condition. A lot of new parts were installed this year: custom stainless steel detachable door hinges,tailgate,back window lift gate,weather strip,window rubber,door window weather strip,brakes,drag link,shocks,floors have been armor coated,side mirror,chrome bumpers,steering shock,door handles,seat upholstery. Vintage polished slot wheels.Have the spare tire mount it goes with it.

A lot of work has been put into this vehicle. The Bronco runs and drives perfectly.

Pictures album:

http://s1159.photobucket.com/user/broncojp/slideshow/

Sincerely,
John

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App…

I have since thrown an email back but no reply.
John

"Interested.... Who did the work on this?

I see this bronco listed on many sites. Is there a reason it has not sold yet?

Thanks"

I KNOW this is a scam, but just couldn't contain the sleuth in me....

hucklburry rev2

It showed up in STL or close to here too. I live near it so if he responds tell him I'll come get it, not that its the best town to go visit around here...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Ok... so I went ahead and took one for the team.... buddy wants a Bronco.

Kansas City Craigslist ad with a TEXAS number... single pic with phone number superimposed

Totally missed that one and I've been on CL for a few days looking around. Never fails w/them scams

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Central Florida today...thought it looked fishy ��