• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WY 1973 Restored Bronco 13,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHBronco

Loc.
Jackson Hole
I can't believe I am doing this. In the last two years I built a new house and have had twins, a boy and a girl. They are now 15 months and I simply do not have time with other projects I have going on to complete this amazing restoration. I also need room for a couple of other restorations I have going on. Here is the history on this beautiful Bronco.

About four years ago I was in between projects and got the itch to restore a classic Bronco. I watched Ebay for a good candidate and about 3-4 months later I found a 1969 that looked like a good candidate. I am in Jackson Hole, WY and it was in Nebraska, not too far away. The owner said it was in good shape, so I purchased it unseen. Good shape my ass!!! Although it made it here, it was in TERRIBLE shape. Rusted out everywhere, aluminun sheeting riveted over massive rust spots, just a mess. I immediatly knew the body was not salvagable. I knew I needed a new body, but the chassis was in decent shape, so I decided to begin with it while I tried to locate a new body. I completely stripped it down to just the bare chassis. I then media blasted it and painted it with POR 15. For those of you who do not know what POR 15 is, it is a sealer that is basically impenetrable. Will never rust again, or so the theory goes.

Once the chassis was completed, and it looked great, I got to work rebuilding the axles. New bearings, shims, hubs, etc..... Basically, they were brand new. I then purchased a rebuilt transmission from Bronco Graveyard and installed a new hurst shifter for it. I rebuilt the transfer case and installed a twin shift kit on it. All were blasted and painted with POR 15. I then went after the suspension. New Rancho 5000 shocks and a 2.5 lift kit from Bronco Graveyard. New shackles, leaf springs and coils up front. All new mind you. Mounted up the axles, transmission and transfer case. New disk brakes on the front and drums on the rear. I now needed a body.

I finally found a 1973 in Park City Utah that looked like a good candidate. I went personally and looked at it before purchasing. It had been in an accident on the front driver side, but looked decent. I loaded it on a trailer and drove back to Jackson. I am a mechanic, not a body guy. So, my buddy owns a body shop in Driggs, ID named Ron's Crash. He liked the project and agreed to do the body for me. I can not tell you the time, effort and detail that went into restoring this body. Many new parts purchased from Bronco Graveyard. After 9 months and 9000.00, it was done and was simply amazing. I was better than new. A very very deep rich blue. The top was refurbished and looks fantastic. I would say it looked like new, but it actually looked better than new. The interior was done in a professional sealant like Rhino Liner, but more asthetically pleasing and a higher end product. I can't tell you how happy I was with the body. I know, I know, I could have gotten a Fiberglass tub, but I wanted and original steel body. This has no bondo or anything like that, it is as perfect as you can get. Not a scratch or any rust anywhere. Imagine going back in time to 1973 and walking into a Ford dealership. You see a new Bronco for sale. This one could pass as that Bronco.

While the body was being completed, I started purchasing the rest of what I needed to complete the project. I purchased a NEW Ford Racing 351 from Ford. I purchased a new March Billet Dress up kit for it. This is not a rebuilt engine. It is 250 hp and a truck engine, so it has the torque where you need it. I purchased a 600CFm Edelbrock Carb for it. Considering the original Broncos never came with more than 195 hp, it will have plenty of giddy up. I got a full set of new brake lines for it. New Centrex full wiring kit and harness for the entire Bronco. New power brake conversion, power steering from a reversed F-250 gear box, new 23 gallon steel gas tank, new tie rods, new this and new that. Basically, everything new. The body was mounted using all new polyurethane bushings throughout. I have the external tire rack and it was painted white to match the fenders and top.

Then came reality. I realized it would take me forever to finish it and I am working on a boat resto and have a 1973 Firebird lined up. Just don't have time and something has to give. So, she is for sale. It is easier to tell you what I don't have then what I do. I also have the 1973 Chassis and engine that goes with this. It will need a radiator (or you could re-core the 1973 one), alternator (or you could use the 1973 ones also), exhuast (I have the headers for it, but they are a little old and rusty), the front seats could be recovered but the rear one is on good shape, one drive shaft (I broke a collar rebuilding the originals, but once again, you can use one off the 1973 chassis), bumpers, hmmmm......that is about it. Door panels (could use some paint, but look good as are black), dash, pedals, wipers, etc.... are ready to be installed.

I have so many extra parts it is insane. Extra set of doors, extra hard top, many many body parts, dash parts, lights etc..... complete 1973 chassis, 302 V8 (was running when I pulled the body off), and god knows what else. Bearings, clutches, and the list goes on and on. To do a complete inventory would take days. All this goes with the Bronco. It does have a second hard top and doors from the 1973.

In the pics you will notice the 1973 chassis, and all the spare parts on the shelves. I have even more than that.

Finally, this is NOT a fire sale. I don't need the money, just want to see her completed by someone who cares about preserving an amazing vehicle. Don't try and negotiate some stupid price with me.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or if you would like to take a look at her. The hard work has been done and this would be a great father and son project or something for someone who wants to pride of putting it together, but not the nightmare of blasting and rebuilding everything. Like I said, should just be put the last things together and finish her up.

Pics can been seen here-

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/73 Bronco/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.