• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MD 1974, 302, PS,AT.frame on restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
S

scott71

Loc.
Clarksburg, MD
New price$ 15,000.00/eBay listing cancelled

Ok so here's the deal. Had a guy who bid on eBay come out for test drive today and to check out the bronco. He got back from the test drive as said " man you got some problems". It hesitates really bad and there is not much power when u step n the gas". I did not believe him so I test drove it myself. He is absolutely right. I know when I got the bronco the kick down was not even hooked up so maybe the problem lies there somewhere. I am trying to be as honest as possible with this bronco as I do not want the next person buying this bronco to have experience that I have had. It may be something simple but I just don't know enough to make that call. I cancelled eBay listing because I will not take someone's money and they don't get what they thought they were going to get. This has happened to me and I refuse to do it to the next guy. I have driven this bronco 5 times 4 of which were around my neighborhood at 25 mph or less. If you really stomp on the gas it hesitates considerably and doesn't want to go. It starts and runs fine but I can imagine if you were at stoplight and really wanted to go there would be problems. I am lowering the price to $15,000.00 if anyone is interested. I am in just over $34,000 at the moment but would feel comfortable selling at $15,000 as I know this truck is in really decent shape. Here is the link to photo bucket with some more pics and video.
http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p485/scott719/
Scott
Scott

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Scott, PM your number I'd like to talk to you about the Bronco, and the engine.
Chris

OP
OP
S

scott71

Loc.
Clarksburg, MD
Scott, PM your number I'd like to talk to you about the Bronco, and the engine.
Chris
Thanks Chris (#sent) but this really has nothing to do with you at all. It has taken me 2 months to get the front suspension issues worked out after the company that worked on it told me it just needed a simple alignment. Now an issue with the carb or kick down, don't know ,but I can't sell this on eBay to someone at the highest price I can get and then it becomes their problem. I am comfortable with $15,000.00 as I know it wont take much to make it spectacular. To me this is a fair price. If anyone wants more photos or video just let me know, happy to send whatever you want.
Scott

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
It really stinks that you're having all this trouble and can't enjoy the truck. It looks beautiful and hope you have luck soon with the sale. I'm sure theres some guys on here local to you that would help take a look (especially based on all the issues/broken promises you've dealt with). If you can, I'd be a little patient and get some help and I'm sure you'll recover more of your cash on this.

Best of luck and sorry for the issues you've had.

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
Why not throw a couple to a few hundred more bucks at it (fix driveshaft, align, fix hesitation) and put it back at the 17-20k mark? Seems like a small amount after dumping 34k into it. Just my $.02. Good luck.

OP
OP
S

scott71

Loc.
Clarksburg, MD
Why not throw a couple to a few hundred more bucks at it (fix driveshaft, align, fix hesitation) and put it back at the 17-20k mark? Seems like a small amount after dumping 34k into it. Just my $.02. Good luck.

Thanks Dave. That may be the way to go. I was sorta hoping to spark some interest "as is" only because my daily driver is in the shop and needs work also. Just means the money has to go there first. Good advice, just may take a lot more time than I wanted. If there's no interest than that will be the plan.
Thanks again, Dave
Scott

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Scott...I know your tire of throwing time and money and best of luck to ya...This is by far the pit's to me when I think of a bad Bronco deal..just my .02

ps...not you bronco....just the way everything went down...:(

hc

OP
OP
S

scott71

Loc.
Clarksburg, MD
Scott...I know your tire of throwing time and money and best of luck to ya...This is by far the pit's to me when I think of a bad Bronco deal..just my .02

ps...not you bronco....just the way everything went down...:(

hc

Thanks HC. It's all good, I'm Sure things will work out fine in the end.
Scott

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Scott you sound like a stand up guy for sure...I'm sure I will never meet ya to shake your hand,but I will offer a syber shake instead..;)

OP
OP
S

scott71

Loc.
Clarksburg, MD
one last try for $15,000

Just got the bronco out of the shop. Hesitation issues taken care of. Turns out there was a gasket under carb ? that was completely burn up and the coil was wired backwards. Easy fix. While in the shop I had both driveshafts replaced, alignment done, Brake booster added. Several other small details done also cant remember at the moment. Anyway, I have driven it several times this week to work and it drives/stops great. Had it up to 65mph with 3 fingers on the wheel, no problem. Stops on a dime with the new booster.
On the bad side-
I took the hard top off to take some pics and it pretty much fell apart. It was so rusted around the drip rail that is just split along the entire length. For this reason (no top) I think $ 15,000 is a fair price and I am pretty firm on that if anyone is seriously interested. Minus the top this bronco has had the bugs worked out. Oh, almost forgot I also have the set of stainless steel lift off hinges from Tom's that will go with it. Have not installed them yet.

Attachments

• booster.jpg
    booster.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 115
  • topless.jpg
    topless.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 126
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 97

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Scott - getting the kinks worked out. Trash the hard top and get a soft top and keep it :cool:

This is a great price on this.

GLWS

OP
OP
S

scott71

Loc.
Clarksburg, MD
Thanks for the input guys. Im finding it very difficult to price this ( as you can tell). I just want to be as fair as possible.
Scott

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
if only you lived closer....nevermind glad you live far away a second bronco would get my first divorce. I really like this truck though. 14k seem pretty fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.