• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1974 Bronco Crawler/Daily Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

num

Loc.
Mammoth Lakes, CA
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/251271065865

Selling my silver 1974 Ford Bronco in great condition ready to hit the trail or as a daily driver.

Looking for best offer.

• CA smog-exempt
• Audi silver paint (10 years old) in good condition with a few scratches
• 35" BFGs and spare
• 5.5" James Duff lift
• 351 Windsor - Tuned and Dynod at 175HP and 255TQ at R&E Racing in Lancaster
• Accel DFI Throttle Body Fuel Injection (no carburetor!) which is programmable with MSD TFI billet distrtibutor
• NV4500 manual transmission with OD
• 124:1 crawl ratio
• Dana 20 rebuilt case with 4.86:1 crawler gears in low, twin stick for front/rear
• Advanced Adapters High Output housing for Dana 20 1350 + High Angle Driveline driveshaft
• ARB air lockers both front and rear
• 4.56 ring/pinion front and rear with new bearing and seals throughout
• new 31 spline axles rear
• new chromolly axles front
• disc brakes on all 4 wheels
• new brake booster, master cylinder and stainless hardlines throughout
• full family roll cage
• upgraded heavy duty 23 gallon gas tank with FI support
• upgraded high-steer steering linkage
• rhino-lined interior
• Warn winch

All work since I've owned it was done at Toms Bronco Parts in Medford, OR.

P1050279.JPG

P1050278.JPG

P1050288.JPG

P1050289.JPG

P1050303.JPG

P1050316.JPG

P1050311.JPG

rubicon2.png

laurel.png

rubicon.png

Last edited:

BroncoBilly69

Loc.
Whiskeytown Ca
In the 8th photo, that rock looks like it's gonna hurt, crawler or not...LOL Nice rig...Good Luck with the sale. That one will be missed, Im sure.! BB

OP
OP
num

num

Loc.
Mammoth Lakes, CA
In the 8th photo, that rock looks like it's gonna hurt, crawler or not...LOL Nice rig...Good Luck with the sale. That one will be missed, Im sure.! BB

She'll be missed for sure. In the 8th photo I think that was the smallest rock on the Rubicon near Cadillac Hill with a nice slope on the other side and somewhat missed the apex of the rock. It was about 2" below the bottom of the bumper and the approach angle is nice with the crawler gears just being able to slowly ramp up. Thanks for the msg BB!

bearskinner

Loc.
N.Idaho, AK, SoCal
That's a good deal for someone looking for a Bronco. You cant build one at that price, just spend the $$ and drive. It seems well appointed too

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
She'll be missed for sure. In the 8th photo I think that was the smallest rock on the Rubicon near Cadillac Hill with a nice slope on the other side and somewhat missed the apex of the rock. It was about 2" below the bottom of the bumper and the approach angle is nice with the crawler gears just being able to slowly ramp up. Thanks for the msg BB!

Nice ride man.. Good luck

OP
OP
num

num

Loc.
Mammoth Lakes, CA
That's a good deal for someone looking for a Bronco. You cant build one at that price, just spend the $$ and drive. It seems well appointed too

Always end up spending way too much on the build for sure but that's half the fun. For those interested shoot me a PM with your email address and questions and I can get a much more detailed response in email since PMs can't fit too much text. I've been answering a whole bunch of questions so I'll try to get a summary of them with answers on this post to get all the details out.

I tried to well-appoint the driveline when it came to crawling, but keep it drivable, by having a good crawl ratio with lockers and not going bonkers on a 4link/3link custom suspension.

Thanks for the bump!

dtm030

Loc.
Jax Beach
This thing is way too clean and nice for $17k. I spent $16 on something far less finished. Seems like EB's are cheaper on the west coast.

OP
OP
num

num

Loc.
Mammoth Lakes, CA
This thing is way too clean and nice for $17k. I spent $16 on something far less finished. Seems like EB's are cheaper on the west coast.

It's not a show-car by any means but the drivetrain is built so the price is relative. I'm not in a hurry to sell and will consider multiple offers. There are a lot of EBs on the west coast for sure - some for crazy prices and a lot for the right price all in great shape.

OP
OP
num

num

Loc.
Mammoth Lakes, CA
I advertised a way too high crawl ratio and just updated all the listings with the correct 124:1 ratio. Apologies for misleading everyone.

OP
OP
num

num

Loc.
Mammoth Lakes, CA
"high" tech, hah!

The turning radius on broncos to begin with are great and on this one there is a little too much of a good turn that lower bolt on the shock mount on the James Duff control arm on the drivers side has ripped off some of the sidewall on the current BFG tire. This is noted in the eBay auction and a visible white line in some of the pictures there.

Thanks for the bump ren71!

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
ha , I think he was speaking of your typo , the front and rear rack and pinion would mean it has front and rear steering ... as opposed to the 4.56 ring and pinion gears that are in it.

Still though , looks to be a pretty nice ride.

OP
OP
num

num

Loc.
Mammoth Lakes, CA
ha , I think he was speaking of your typo , the front and rear rack and pinion would mean it has front and rear steering ... as opposed to the 4.56 ring and pinion gears that are in it.

Still though , looks to be a pretty nice ride.

Haha! I didn't even look! hilarious yet good subtle mention ren71 and thanks for making the obvious obvious to me HD.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
From what I can tell that Bronco should sell for your asking price. Very nice and reasonable.

I don't know if anyone on eBay will start at $17k, but I think if you lowered the starting bid and put a reserve of $17 you'd get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.