• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1974 Bronco Explorer Stocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roscoe

Loc.
Monterey, CA.
1974 Bronco Explorer
4x4, Stock 302, C-4 Automatic (rebuilt), Power Steering, Aux. Gas Tank, Swing-out spare tire carrier, roll bar, crappy stereo, full cover, rear seat with seat belts, and soft-top (no hard-top).
Good original stock un-cut body with newer paint and minimal rust. Runs and drives good with 46k on odometer (as to be 146k). She as a new radiator, power steering pump, water pump and other small misc. parts.

A few of the issues are:
1. Drips oil from the rear of the motor.
2. There are a few rust spots: there are some rust bubbles under the rear trim on the driver side (see pic), there is a rust spot on the passenger front door pillar (see pic), and a rust spot on the passenger rear door pillar (see pic).
3. The ALT and TEMP gauges always work, but the GAS and OIL PRES work intermittently.

It has a clear CA title but registered as a '1967' to by-pass the smog tests. (a few years back it required smog testing but being registered as a '67, we by-passed the system. I can change it back to '74 for the new owner if need be... it's a matter of who you know, not what you know).

In summary, it's an unrestored original stocker that runs and drives good. Perfect it's not, but not bad for an unrestored '74. I'm asking $7200 and can deliver within a 100 miles or so of Monterey CA. for a 12-pack.

Regards,
Ross

Attachments

• 74 Ford Bronco.a.jpg.JPG
    74 Ford Bronco.a.jpg.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 74 Ford Bronco.b.jpg.JPG
    74 Ford Bronco.b.jpg.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 74 Bronco.interior.jpg.JPG
    74 Bronco.interior.jpg.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 74 Bronco.engine.jpg.JPG
    74 Bronco.engine.jpg.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 74 Bronco.backseat.jpg.JPG
    74 Bronco.backseat.jpg.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 74 Bronco.trim.jpg.jpg
    74 Bronco.trim.jpg.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 74 Bronco.passenger door front.jpg.JPG
    74 Bronco.passenger door front.jpg.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 74 Bronco.passandger door rear.jpg.jpg
    74 Bronco.passandger door rear.jpg.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 128
OP
OP
R

Roscoe

Loc.
Monterey, CA.
I forgot to ad the fact that is does have the air-conditioning pump but does not have the control unit. I have no idea if the pump or comressor is good or not.
Ross

75 Ranger

With all due respect. California does not require smog on vehicles pre 1976. So, your 1974 would never need to be smogged and does not need to be registered as a '67. So in this case, it shoud be a matter of what you know and not who you know. ;D

Nice looking Bronco!

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
With all due respect. California does not require smog on vehicles pre 1976. So, your 1974 would never need to be smogged and does not need to be registered as a '67. So in this case, it shoud be a matter of what you know and not who you know. ;D

Nice looking Bronco!

That was my first thought, if it is 1975 or older, no smog required. Thus, why it was registered illegally is a mystery to me. It looks like a great rig with lots of promise, but that whole registration malarky makes me wonder???

75 Ranger is right, I'd be more concerned with "what" who you knows, actually knows, because something is fishy.

Dogdare

Nice looking Bronco!

Now it 76 and earlier that does not require smog, but before a few years ago, it was a rolling exemption. I believe it was current model year minus 25 years. So, each year another year of vehicles was exempt from smog testing (not from maintaining smog equipment). California froze it at the current level a few years ago. Hope this helps.

Herb

OP
OP
R

Roscoe

Loc.
Monterey, CA.
Herb (dogdare) is absolutley correct.
The previous owner had the Bronco for a long time... ever since CA had the rolling exemption and potentially had to ad the smog equipment (it has no smog on it) to meet the CA standards. I'm not sure if the smog was removed or if it came from a 'non-smog' state at the time. I'll research the original delivery of the Bronco this weekend.
I mentioned this issue in an effort to be completely honest... but my lack of explaining may have come across a bit 'fishy' as 'Rob1962' suggests.
It might be best if I cleared up the title at the DMV prior to selling... then the smog is the buyer's issue in the event that our great CA legislators change the law (it comes up annually by certian elected officials). The vin on the pink is the vin on the vehicle and it is NOT a salvage.

Thanks for the help, Herb.

Sorry for the confusion.
Ross

Badseed

Loc.
Yuma
Very interested in this truck! drop me an email at mrmeachum@hotmail.com i'm not in town now but will be after the new year. i'll be heading up the coast and i'd like to come look at it.

thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.