• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

KS 1974 Bronco- Not mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
M

milesg123

Loc.
Kansas City
Is this a fair price for what it is? I am newbie and I am trying to create a daily driver with a budget of 25-30k. What would be the next/ most obvious upgrades to make this dependable? Any input appreciated. Thanks

Ford-Fan

Loc.
Leawood, Kansas
1974 Bronco in Kansas City area

The good thing about this Bronco is there isn't any rust in the usual places that are costly and difficult to fix. Like the front and rear door posts and rockers. Most also have rust holes in the corners of the back tailgate area and in the corners behind the front seats.

This one looks clean. For me, I'd much rather spend my time and money on reliability and performance upgrades rather than on fixing rust.

Just my 2 cents.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I've seen a whole lot worse for that. If it has a lot of the options and upgrades already done, that you were going to do to it anyway, it looks like a good price IMO. Check it out in person and offer a little less and see where it goes.........what are your first initial impressions compared to e v erythi else you've seen?

OP
OP
M

milesg123

Loc.
Kansas City
It looks pretty good, however I'm no mechanic and can't make much out of the engine. That also means I don't know what needs to be done for it to start for me and run without always having it break down. No apparent rust, which is good. Not that wild about the color but don't hate it either.
Not sure what to make of the photos from underneath either.
Is that an Explorer steering wheel? The post mentions the tailgate not matching/ the truck needing a new one?? Seems like it matches to me, except the paint?
The listing says it's auto, but it still has a tree? How much is efi conversion in a vehicle like this? Again I'm a complete noobie, but this has the vintage style I love so much about EBs.

Would upgrading with another 12k give me:
Any of the engine parts I need to upgrade reliability
A stereo for the port he mentioned in the post
Carpeting on the floor
Other minor cosmetics
Possibly new paint?

74BroncoX

Loc.
wi to ca
I have a 74 and tell you what. I love it. Im not sure on prices though, mine was purchased in 95 for way less then what is worth now. Prices will very greatly depending on the Bronco, whose selling it, whats in its, who worked on it and for how long, and most importantly (in my opinion) place/location/site of sale. Take everything into consideration with equal thought though.

Last edited:

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
The only time I believe 'no rust' from photos is if it's original paint. This one looks like a frankenstein, the firewall in the engine compartment is still black, while the rear red floor is still original green. I see 3 colors, figure there could be bondo somewhere. Who would repaint the exterior and NOT use some body filler somewhere?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Now that I'm home and can see the pic on my lap top, it's not worth what the seller is asking. I see that Phil has posted above, his 68' has more much, much more to off than this one by far IMO.

Ford-Fan

Loc.
Leawood, Kansas
1974 Bronco

I agree with Okie, that Phil's Bronco is a good buy, but a few things to consider. Miles is looking for a reliable daily driver. Phil's doesn't appear to have a hard top or doors. That could easily run a couple grand. Especially if you want the paint to match. Also, the NP435 has a final drive ratio of 1:1, With 4.88 gears and 35" tires, he is incorrect about the rpm's. At 75 mph the engine would be turning over 3500 rpm. 4.88 gears are good for off road use, but too low for street use without an overdrive transmission. This is assuming that the 4-low gear in the transfer case is also 1:1. Phil....what am I missing?

Phil Munsterman

I agree with Okie, that Phil's Bronco is a good buy, but a few things to consider. Miles is looking for a reliable daily driver. Phil's doesn't appear to have a hard top or doors. That could easily run a couple grand. Especially if you want the paint to match. Also, the NP435 has a final drive ratio of 1:1, With 4.88 gears and 35" tires, he is incorrect about the rpm's. At 75 mph the engine would be turning over 3500 rpm. 4.88 gears are good for off road use, but too low for street use without an overdrive transmission. This is assuming that the 4-low gear in the transfer case is also 1:1. Phil....what am I missing?

I agree if Miles wants a hard top and doors mine is probably not the Bronco for him. I have had both, hard and soft top. I personally like my soft top Bronco better. My hard top had no AC and in the summer it was HOT with the top on and was like riding in a tin can ( very loud ). You're right on the Speed and RPM's I need to recheck that this week. Phil

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Ron here in ks was calling on that one at one time, to at least check it out.. Maybe he'll give some feedback

I'll ping him on IM here in a bit

xparatroop501

Loc.
Olathe, KS
Any other info on this one guys. It is in my neck of the woods, but I'm not a pro at knowing what these are worth. Would it be a good deal at $9k or10k.

rhino2104

Personally I think that it is a bit in the high side without taking it out for a drive and going over it in person. Down here in Ft. Worth $13k will get you more truck for your money.

beerad

Loc.
rochester mn
he wont go less than 12000 he has to much into it bondo or not.... it looks pretty dam good considering the demand as of now and what they are going for.... I wouldn't expect less of a price IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.