• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1974 Ford Bronco, uncut, one owner, ALASKA !

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenalaska

1974 Ford Bronco

One owner
Nice, uncut early bronco.
302 cid 8 cyl
Automatic transmission
heavy duty axle
4WD
Have Ignition key
Dash in great condition
86K on the odometer
Roll Cage
Clean Title
Extra Parts

ORIGINAL Window Sticker and some paperwork

Brought new in Arizona in 1974 and drove up the Alcan to Alaska in 1975. Her husband came up and homesteaded in late 60's outside of Fairbanks and they farmed.

I spoke with the old lady that owned it and she told me stories about how she was worried she would roll over bronco driving up the Alcan thru Canada to Alaska, so she had the ford dealer in Kansas place put in a roll cage. The Alcan highway thru Canada and the Yukon were dirt and rough in the 70's. She did it by herself with 2 small kids. Love this.

She said she parked it years go and her son messed with it to restore but abandoned the restore, leaving to north, and it has been parked. Motor probably needs a good go thru before fire up. Hubby is a mechanic and turned key and go radio and lights on, but motor no fire.

The inside they insulated the top with some kind foam, and padding years ago (it gets -40 below zero here in Fairbanks, Alaska - sometimes for months in the winter) - the boy peeled the padding and insulation off years ago when he tinkered with it. Pics link below will give you scoop on all of it.

I decode vin, and seems to be pretty much original color and orginal set up it seems.

I got the title from her, and whatever parts she had.

Will need to be trailered
Good solid early Bronco for restoration.

12500 OBO

I have a 77 (bought off this website last year) that i am tending to, or i would keep her.

text/call barbie 9075909732

here some good pics for yal....click link and some pics below

https://goo.gl/photos/gVKUM1s2yF9zF1ZJA

pmgTUDTgj

pm85rWOYj

poUxOGkjj

pmPx3mjEj

Last edited:

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
If only I wasn't nearly as far away as physically possible.

What's the shipping cost to FL?

Media Mail would be $49.99 with guaranteed 2019 arrival ;D unless the barge sinks

Good luck with sale, I lived in Anchorage for 9 years and pretty sure I never saw an EB

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Amazing it could sit in the snow that many years and still look good, I like it!

bronco0205

Loc.
Johnston, IA
Bronco

I'm interested and tried to PM you but can't for some reason. What is the rust situation on the vehicle? Parked that many years in Alaska I gotta think there is some pretty good rust somewhere on her. Feel free to PM me.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
For what it's worth, a few things that would make me feel better about it are the facts that 1) it was in Fairbanks and well away from the sea salt and 2) they do not use salt on the roads up there, they use sand. Also if they had a farm I would think the EB at least had an overhead shelter...farmers take care of their equipment, which it sounds like this EB was

OP
OP
F

frozenalaska

i think shipping would be about 2K+, if you shipped it on backhaul out of alaska. I shipped my 77, red carpet service door to door from Tennessee to fairbanks alaska last year for 2800

i made it OBO, so maybe that can help with shipping for a buyer. :)
barbie

OP
OP
F

frozenalaska

Depending on where its going to the lower 48, it will be 2-4K+, i think you could backhaul it out of alaska to washington and then maybe go get it there. Or have it shipped to your door.

I have had a few cars shipped up over the years. I had my 77 Bronco shipped up from Tennessee last year using, door to door red carpet services and it was 2800, but i was a repeat customer and maybe got a little break.

Or take a road trip, me and hubby will take you fishing in my secret spots for halibut and salmon, feed you massive amount of moose and caribou soup, and then send you on your way happy - haha

OP
OP
F

frozenalaska

its in pretty good shape, its got some some rust in the drivers rocker, and a few other spots, but overall pretty solid. I went there to by a 1916 Aermotor Windmill that was intact and pristine, he had stored it under his massive barns, were the bronco was sitting. This is not a 20K bronco, it will need some wrenching, but i think very very doable.

Its not a prefect pristine barn find, but I have tried to price it OBO, so somebody can have some room for fixing her up. And maybe help with the gas money to come get her.
I think this might be the most northern United States early bronco for sale right now, hahaha.
thanks
barbie

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
I'm reading this thread for the first time and realized something...
I can vouch for Barbie. I'm the one who sold her the '77. It was a Red Special Decor. She was very laid back and easy to work with. GLWTS Barbie. Bump for a good person and what looks like a good Bronco.

OP
OP
F

frozenalaska

Hey Chris,

thanks for the post. Yep, that was a happy sale, i love my 77 Red Special Decor. Appreciate all you did to help me get it here. I even have somebody from Tennessee looking at this one now. That's great. You send one up to Alaska, and I send one back to Tennessee. Haha

barbie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.