• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1976 ranger Looking for blue Upholstery material, new

Status
Not open for further replies.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
City: Tucson
Need blue vinyl Upholstery material already have the hounds tooth the blue and black I thought I would try here first don’t really wanna go to SMS or if you know of another supplier would be nice. I don’t wanna buy them premade Covers 3 yards would be nice ,I have a Uph guy does great work. Thanks for your help.

THEBONE

I brought my old vinyl to my upholstery shop and he was able to match it perfectly, color and texture/grain. I was working with tan vinyl/houndstooth for a 77. He did not go through SMS. He had a ton of books and binders for auto vinyls. This left me with the impression that houndstooth was the hard part and the vinyl not as difficult to source.

OP
OP
56f100bbw

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I brought my old vinyl to my upholstery shop and he was able to match it perfectly, color and texture/grain. I was working with tan vinyl/houndstooth for a 77. He did not go through SMS. He had a ton of books and binders for auto vinyls. This left me with the impression that houndstooth was the hard part and the vinyl not as difficult to source.
Thanks I will check with my upholstery guy had a real hard time finding green vinyl for my 77 with the blue vinyl might be easier For my 76 bronco Thanks.

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
So here's an idea. You can get a sample from SMS (free) and take that sample to your upholstery person and ask if he/she can get it based on the sample. But when I get to that point, I'm going to get mine from SMS because theirs is supposed to be correct and I like the comfort factor of that. I'll pay extra for correctness. Mine isn't going to be concourse correct, but I want the cloth to be correct.

OP
OP
56f100bbw

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I did get a sample from SMS a year ago med blue met L-3788 vinyl I am looking at different suppliers i got insert material blue /black houndstooth from SMS and it took forever on both of my broncos several times they sent me the wrong material so I’d rather not deal with them. Actually I’d rather go to the dentist and get a tooth pulled than have to deal with SMS

Last edited:
OP
OP
56f100bbw

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Anybody buy any vinyl material from distinctive industries? Just wondering about the quality or has anybody ever bought any finished seat covers from them houndstooth style

Last edited:
OP
OP
56f100bbw

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I found a place to buy the blue vinyl for Ranger interior original auto fabric $60 a yard which is way better than SMS and they send out samples real quick getting ready to order some their stores in Edmond, Oklahoma

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.