• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1977 Dash Pad

NCW

I need some direction on your experiences with dash pads and dash pad covers. This 77 didn't have one so any advice, pictures or otherwise will be highly appreciated.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, without an existing one, at least your choice will be easier between a cover and a replacement. Without an existing pad, a cover won't work.
Your '77 may also have originally come with a colored pad, matched to the interior. Especially if it was a Ranger.
Only ones I've seen available so far were black. But many people use vinyl paint to restore the original factory look, and it seems to work well. So that's an option if black just won't cut it for you.

No pics, but I'm sure others will have some to post up. To my knowledge, your '77 won't be any different (other than color) to any other later year EB.
Here are images taken from our website of the early vs late pads so you can see the difference.

Early:
dash pad early.jpg

Late:
late dash pad.jpg

You can see how the early is basically straight across, while the late is stepped out to offer more padding for the passengers while retaining room for the driver controls.

Paul

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
years ago I saw someone on here had made an aluminum version of the dash pad and it had a storage compartment with the lid on top.

I kind of liked it..............but of course, it was far less safe than the original dash pad