• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1977: discs/line-x/rewired/rebuilt etc...$10,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
SOLD

The short description: 1977 Bronco. 302 V8. D44 and 9” both have DISC BRAKES and a brake booster. Complete re-wire. Line-X’d interior. Custom dash and recovered seats.

Photos can be found here: http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l483/JaxLax02/

I am the second owner of the Bronco. I have digital copies of both the original lien, from a now defunct Jacksonville bank, and the original title that I can pass onto the new owner for verification of ownership.

Drive train:
The Bronco has a 302 V8 that the previous owner told me was rebuilt in the 80’s, but still has the original 2 barrel Motorcraft carb. The odometer shows around 11K miles and I was told that he rolled it back when the motor was rebuilt. The bronco has 4-wheel disc brakes with a power brake booster (Front is stock, rear is BCBroncos kit). The transmission is a C4 3-speed automatic. The transfer case is the stock Dana 20 case with a clear poly cover to show gears, fluid level, and fluid cleanliness (purchased from a member of ClassicBroncos.com). The D20 has also been converted to twin sticks so that each axle can be independently controlled (front hi/lo, rear hi/lo, 4 wheel hi/lo). The axles are the stock Dana 44 in the front with the 1977 standard front disc brakes, the rear is the stock Ford 9” rear with aftermarket disc brakes from BC Broncos. Yes, that means four wheel disc brakes with a power booster. 15” white wagon style wheels and standard size tires with less than 300 miles on them. Also has a 24 gallon BCBroncos fuel tank.

Exterior:
The Bronco was repainted sometime in the 80’s. The original color can be seen in the engine bay, but the new color was a very close match. There are a few small patches of rust bubbles (door jams and the mid-rail), but nothing serious. There were a few spots when I purchased the vehicle, but those that were serious/cancerous have been removed and replaced with new metal (The driver’s seat riser, the passenger floor pan and the driver’s rocker). Front bumper was built/purchased by the PO. The winch is a Warn 8074 (NOT 8274, the 8074 DOES NOT have free spool out, only power out). The winch has been pulled apart down to the bearings, cleaned and reinstalled. I installed a new motor direct from Warn and moved all the solenoids under the passenger side of the bumper to get some extra air across the radiator and because I just didn’t want to look at them. There is also an integrated external control switch for the winch in the bumper. The hand held controller is also new, direct from Warn, and is currently stored in the rear lock box. Other than that, it’s the standard fair for a 1977. It has the rear tire carrier and other 77 styling cues.

Interior:
The interior of the bronco has been Line-X’d for water proofing and sound dampening. The seats have been recovered by a local upholster and were kept with the original lines and pleating. The padding in the rear seat was not changed out. The padding in the driver’s seat is all new and the passenger seat used the better pieces from the drivers/passenger side when the seats were recovered. The bronco has THREE lockable storage compartments from Tuffy. All three have been re-keyed to allow for a single key to unlock/lock all of the boxes to save space on your key ring. There is a lockable glove box (with the original VIN tag bolted in [I removed the rivets from the original glove box door]), a lockable center console with cup holders (that also houses the stereo head unit and CD changer) and a lockable rear box behind the rear seat (which also houses a switched LED light installed for ease of use in finding tools and such in the dark). There are also stainless steel door panels with replacement arm rests. All knobs, shifter handles and door locks are milled and were purchased as a set off of a member of ClassicBroncos.com. The interior gauges include: a rebuilt and converted to white face main gauge, a tachometer and a pair of electric readout voltmeters for monitoring the dual batteries. There is a custom made interior switch panel in the middle of the dash. There are 8 switches across the bottom (1-Front lamps, 2- rear lamps, 3- Dixie horn, 4- hood LEDs, 5- interior LEDs, 8- voltmeters (6&7 are currently unused, but wired and ready for use)). It also contains an interior control for the winch. One switch powers the winch, while another allows you to spool the wire in and out from the comfort of your drivers seat. The steering wheel has been replaced with one from LeCarra that matches the stainless steel column cover. The ignition has been replaced as well as the door locks so that all use the same key for simplicity.

Electrical:
The bronco has been rewired headlight to taillight with a Ron Francis wiring kit.
EVERYTHING WORKS (except the fan/heater and the fuel gauge).
First, the bronco has a dual battery setup. One battery is set up to run the bronco as normal, the second is used for the lights (interior and exterior), stereo, winch, and other non-stock electrical add ons. To handle this increased electrical need, the bronco has a high output alternator (200 amp at full load) from SVA Power Products. The headlights have been replaced with a H4 lamp and the wiring has been beefed up including relays to handle the larger need of the lamps. There are also front and rear point lamps for night driving or anything else. A pair is mounted on the front just inside of the headlights and there are a pair installed on the rear for rear visibility. Both sets of lights are controlled by labeled switches in the dash switch panel. On the interior, there are a pair of LED lights that have been wired to function in place of the stock reading lamp. There is also a pair of LEDs under the hood (controlled by a switch on the interior panel) for night vision and a pair on the interior sport bar for basic interior lighting. The stereo in this thing is fantastic. Because of the dual batteries, I have used this for tailgates and played the stereo for 5 hours without an issue and then simply started the Bronco back up with the main battery and charged the pair on the drive home. The stereo consists of: a Sony head unit with a single CD input, as well as aux input and USB input on the front (it’s also setup to control iPods and iPhones through the stereo), a 10 disc CD changer (that will also read MP3 discs), two 5-way 6x8’s on the rear wheel wells and a 5.25” component set in the custom wiper cover that are fed by a 800 watt Rockford Fosgate amp mounted on a hanging rack under the rear seat (to keep it above any spilled liquid), and a single 10” subwoofer with a 300 watt amp mounted on the back of the box.

Other: The bronco also has gas hood struts installed, but the original hood prop is still installed if you wish to use it instead. There area also gas shocks on the rear hatch so you can ride with the back window open and not have to worry about it slamming closed if you hit a bump.

The bronco comes with other parts including: 2 rust free doors with hardware, rear hard top glass, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, boxes of lenses/removed parts, multiple manuals and part books, all part instructions, my hand notes for wiring locations and drawings, extra wires/crimps/connections, etc small stuff. If the price is high enough or someone needs a kick I can throw in copies of ALL Bronco Driver magazines from Issue #1 through #40 (I have the rest, but you can order those too). OH and stacks of receipts. %)

Things that you will want to do: rebuild the fan/heater, add a winch rope, replace one blown LED...That's kind of it.

Last edited:

FunSeeker

Loc.
San Jose, CA
Still 4 sale?

Hello,

Sharp looking Bronco. I might but it if still for sale.

Tell me all about the rust. Is there bondo?

Any other known issues?

Thank you,
Jim

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Hello,

Sharp looking Bronco. I might but it if still for sale.

Tell me all about the rust. Is there bondo?

Any other known issues?

Thank you,
Jim

The cancer has been removed and replaced prior to Line-X.
There are bubbles under the mid rail and in other small isolated areas, but nothing that needs replacing. If you were going to repaint, they'd need a good sanding and a anti-rust coating prior to painting. No bondo.

Issues? The heater/fan doesn't work. It needs a rebuild, but the power wires for it are there. The gas gauge doesn't work. One of the interior LEDs blew a while back. You can swap it out with one of the other ones on the truck (like the one in rear storage box) or get a new one from RoundEyes.

CopperHead

back on here since maybe a year. What will you let her go for? The reason I ask this question is my house is in Virginia but I'm working for now in SoCal. So I will need to arrange shipping. My home email is: plemmons1@roadrunner.com

Serious by the way. -Perry

Beardawg

Loc.
Swannanoa, NC
my offer

your a long way from western NC. and not to hurt your feeling but i just don't like how musch is mounted on the dash. i'd drive to jax if the price was right. i could go 8,000.00 now and i know thats probably to low but it's what i could stretch and do. i do have a fully loaded white 2000 F250 4x4 crew cab short bed w/ the 7.3l power stroke to trade.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
your a long way from western NC. and not to hurt your feeling but i just don't like how musch is mounted on the dash. i'd drive to jax if the price was right. i could go 8,000.00 now and i know thats probably to low but it's what i could stretch and do. i do have a fully loaded white 2000 F250 4x4 crew cab short bed w/ the 7.3l power stroke to trade.

Thanks for the offer.
I'm not ready to go that low yet, but if/when I am, I will contact you again.

Thanks for the interest.

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
BTT

Keep chipping away. She needs to move.
All offers considered.
About to start just tossing it back to low bidders and ebay sans reserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.