• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2010 Bronco

Cooter_76

I don't think you'd be seeing a Sportage finishing the Baja1000.

Ahem:
20 December, 1999
That pesky little four-cylinder Kia Sportage has gone and done it again! For the third year running it has won America's toughest off road racing series, pounding all of the big, boofy six and eight-cylinder American and Japanese macho trucks into a dusty pulp.
It has just tied up the 1999 series by winning the Baja 1000 - America's best-known and unarguably toughest off road race - in 21 hours and 21 minutes against Ford Broncos, Isuzu Amigos, a Pathfinder, a Jeep CJ7 and an Isuzu VehiCross.

Not that I'm a Kia fan, but I did remember the Sportage being involved in offroad racing at one time. ;)

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I see a market for the broncos. How many jeeps are driving on the roads? Even in the east where we dont even need them they are all over the place. Ford should build the bronco in three levels 1. base model four cylinder no frills good mpg, under $20,000 2. 6 cylinder nice interior some frills just over $20,000 3. 4.6 v8 Sweet interior all the frills larger tires just under $25,000. And the prices are realistic you can get a brand new GT mustang for under $30,000 right now! Ford could use existing motors and trim items used on the mustang and F150. But ford still will need to make a new platform to build it on. And as I said before who knows when this will happen!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
They read this stuff too, i have been told

rockingm82

Loc.
St. Peters, MO
I would buy one if Ford kept it simple. For once I'd like to see a vehicle with no gadgets, no carpet, no leather. Don't put any fancy oval stereo in it either. I would like a Ford that is customizable to my standard rather than what Ford predicates. Sure they make a little more money on the gadgets and packages, but when are they going to realize that's not what people want?

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I would buy one if Ford kept it simple. For once I'd like to see a vehicle with no gadgets, no carpet, no leather. Don't put any fancy oval stereo in it either. I would like a Ford that is customizable to my standard rather than what Ford predicates. Sure they make a little more money on the gadgets and packages, but when are they going to realize that's not what people want?

Hmm...they do make some no frill models, but what you are asking for is basically a vehicle that merely starts...lol. If it were only that simple!!;D

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm patiently waiting but I think I have more chance at winning the lotto then buying a new bronco.

Eugene

PotterFX4

Loc.
Parma, OH
What about the Escape? This is a very good seller for Ford and the first hybrid SUV which holds great marketing value. Why build a vehicle that would compete in the same market as the Escape...

I want the bronco just as bad as everyone else but there is no place in the line up for it.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
IMO, there is a place in the market for it. Jeep sells plenty of wranglers, and the fj cruiser is the only direct compitition. And it is not as competitive as can be because of price. Small, simple, cheap, capable. Just what we own now, modernized with fuel injection (possible diesel), solid axle, low range with a shifter for 4WD. But they will have to come up with a new platform, which is probably out of the question until the current crisis is over. I just pray they don't slap our Bronco name on some little POS that is available in front wheel drive with independent suspension and lots of plastic, counting on the name recognition to sell it.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Ahem:

Not that I'm a Kia fan, but I did remember the Sportage being involved in offroad racing at one time. ;)

Yes, a highly modified Kia used to race Class 3, and it does appear it did quite well from 1992-2000

The suspension is an exotic race set up with up front, two 3" coil over shock absorbers, chrome-moly upper A arm, stock lower, knuckles and wheel hubs providing 15" of wheel travel.

The rear has a single 2" shock allowing 9 1/2" travel attached to a bulletproof Ford 9" differential. However this isn't much compared to some vehicles which allow up to 20" of travel on all four wheels.

Stopping power is provided by performance brake pads on 11 3/4" rear NASCAR style Wilwood discs and 11" stock fronts (!!!). Wheels are 15x7" US Racing rims wrapped in BG Goodrich Baja 33x10.5/15" tyres.

http://www.ozkia.com/ozkiaracing.html

Watch for the Raptor to compete (and win) in Stock class next year.

And I don't think anyone on this site would consider the Sportage a decent 4x4 (i.e. if a Bronco ended up with Sportage level drivetrain, everyone on here would be pissed BIG TIME.)