• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2013 AZ Classic Broncos Stampede - Moto Thread (More videos!)

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Thought I better start my own thread on the Stampede this year and we took a butt load of photos and videos this year again. First of all I wanted to say thank you to AZ Classic Broncos for putting on another fantastic event. Registration was a piece of cake, the vendors out did themselves again this year for the raffle (even though I've never won anything :( ). I am happy to share in the joy of those who did win! :p ;D

We set up Casa de Moto Thursday night. I had some friends from the valley come up to spend Thursday night and Friday with me. Calyssa donated the first bottle for the trip... oh and she didn't forget the shot glasses for Ben and I either! :eek:

IMG_2115.jpg

PB and his girlfriend Candice came over.... we went around to find anyone who wanted to take a little trip on some trails Thursday night. Not sure what party I missed on Wednesday night, but there was some hurting units that bowed out for a late night Thursday run because of it.

I managed to round up Mitch (el Capitan) and Jeanette, PB and Candice, Dave and Mike, and Ben, Calyssa and mom jumped in with me. We took an easy little trail to see the lights of BCC.

Ben enjoying his inaugural ride in the Bronco.

IMG_2116.jpg

Calyssa all smiles so far!

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

Everyone enjoying the fair evening with good friends (old and new)

IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

Overlooking the great metropolis of Black Canyon City!

IMG_2122.jpg

Mom hasn't missed a single stampede in Rock Springs! She's 72 this year!

IMG_2126.jpg

I heard a ujoint squeaking on the way up so we headed back to camp in front wheel drive. Thank you to Anita (Need a Cover) for twisting wrenches and helping me swap out driveshafts. We must have gone till at least 4 am catching up before bedtime.....

End Day 1

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Look forward to the Journey Brother... Thanks for sharing. Always Great what you put out there... ;)

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Day 2 - Woke up to a campground filling up with a ton of Broncos. Couldn't believe a 6:30am wake up after 4 am bedtime, but I was energized for the days events. Ben had popped his head in the tent and said Calyssa was feeling ill and they were going to bail. So it looked like I was riding solo.

Just as I surface from my tent Anita brought over some breakfast! What more could a man want!!! WOW!

IMG_0084.jpg

Everyone was going around trying to find out what trails people wanted to run. I lined up with the folks that wanted to go to the Terminators and Predator area.

The rather large group headed down I-17 to the Table Mesa exit. There is no other feeling than rolling down the highway with this many Broncos!

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

The Agua Fria was full of water this time... about 36" deep in places.....

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

We all staged at the Lower Terminator trailhead to see how we were going to break up the groups. Once divided up we were on our way to Predator.

IMG_2151.jpg

Stay tuned......

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Re: 2013 AZ Classic Broncos Stampede - Moto Thread

Man looks like a lot of fun. And that Fireball drink is amazing but those shot classes had me laughing

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Predator

Ok...continuing Day 2 at Predator......

We all dropped down into the river bottom at the start of Predator.... it's been years since I was through this trail and was looking forward to a nice relaxing day. Everyone picked their own line through the start... have to thank Dave, Mike and Sandy for help with the photos during my seat time!

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

Now my challenge for the day was getting around to get pictures and video with a broken foot. Wearing that BOOT just sucks in the rocks so I wore a seat of work boots and moved slowly.

IMG_2178.jpg

First causality was Jeff and he seperated his exhaust tubing when his spot welds came apart... it was a quick fix!

IMG_2179.jpg

Brian telling a "fish" story I am sure! ;D

IMG_2181.jpg

Now let's see if I can get all the names right..... L 2 R These guys were towards the back with me so we spent more time together than the lead vehicles.

Dave, Sandy, Mike, Jeff

IMG_2182.jpg

I believe this was Bob assisting with an extrication of the open axle Bronco

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

Dave in his 10 to 1 slow mo Bronco! I barely had enough memory card to handle his crawl! :cool:

IMG_2198.jpg

Jeff has spent a few years building this rig and finally getting some seat time! Once he ditches that Carter AFB he's gonna really enjoy his very nice rig!

IMG_2204.jpg

Moto coming through the squeeze

IMG_2207.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Predator

I heard some rock bashing happening up ahead... I see Joe's roof bouncing in the rocks!

IMG_2214.jpg

Joe had found this nice option..... it had a hard turn with 3 ledges to over come and about 15020 elevation change right after you came through the water.... wet tires and granite are alot of fun!

IMG_2215.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

Dave moseying along.....

IMG_2220.jpg

Next I climbed into the obstacle and gave it a try. In order to turn wide I kept the driver's side against the rocks. Thank you Wildhorses for the rear quarter guards! I stayed on them for awhile!

IMG_2223.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

The next spot was tight on the driver's side. You needed to be careful not to hit the windshield frame

IMG_2233.jpg

Made for some interesting lines with opens axles... and he kept forgetting where low-1 was.... bogging it in low-2. But with some help from his friends he was victorious!

IMG_2239.jpg

Candice and Carter enjoying the show!

IMG_2246.jpg

Laura and gang in tow!

IMG_2255.jpg

Joe taking the tippy line.....getting close to that side view mirror

IMG_2245.jpg

Dave really happy with the performance of his Bronco

IMG_2251.jpg

Paul (PB) showing us what his Toyota is made of.....

IMG_2254.jpg

Jeff flexing it out!

IMG_2262.jpg

Happy nothings broke so far and my foot is still attached!

IMG_2272.jpg

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Predator

As we continued our way up Predator, PB noticed something odd about Joe's rig and told him to stop and take a look. It seems the centering pin for the rear leaf spring had sheared and the rear axle had walked backwards

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

Pulling the axle forward

IMG_2287.jpg

Everyone on the hunt for Joe's missing wedge....

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

Carter doing his best to help out! ;D

IMG_2288.jpg

Once we got the leaf springs tightened down we headed back to the road. IT was great how everyone helped each other on the trail all morning. I really enjoyed everyone's company...... We split the group again and I lead PB, Dave and Jeff down Upper Terminator......

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Upper Terminator

On our way into Upper Terminator we ran into Jim Creel leading a group out. After a short chat we were on our way into the granite wash.....

The happy couple!

IMG_2291.jpg

Jeff

IMG_2292.jpg

Have you ever found yourself in a perfect nirvana? Going down Upper Terminator it just hit me. The desert is beautiful in spring. The water flowing down Upper Terminator is rare and beautiful. The truck was running good. The music was good. Slight cloud cover cooled the hot air.... it just hit me! All the stress of the last few weeks preparing for this trip just floated away in that moment!

IMG_2298.jpg

I think PB was feeling the same way!!! ;D

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

We continued our stroll down the wash......Jeff coming through this squeeze with full widths

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

PB enjoying an off camber line....

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

Sandy watching carefully Dave's every move! ;D

IMG_2324.jpg

PB, Candice and Carter at the end of the trail!

IMG_2327.jpg

Looking at the flowers in bloom......

IMG_2329.jpg

It was a quiet ride back to camp via the SKINNY trail. Really enjoyed the day. Time for some food and rest... we hit the ramp at ACB Stampede HQ

Mitch (el Presidente) came over to show off the full width flex

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

Next.... the night run.....

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Very nice with the pics. I'll keep an eye on this thread. I really want to make it out there next year.

Mark

It seemed to be alot of work this year for me.... broke foot, upper respiratory infection, Bronco maintenance, setting up/tear down camp, etc.... but it sure was worth it. I am glad I powered through. We had a few from Cali this year! Hope you can make it next year!

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
.......Have you ever found yourself in a perfect nirvana? Going down Upper Terminator it just hit me. The desert is beautiful in spring. The water flowing down Upper Terminator is rare and beautiful. The truck was running good. The music was good. Slight cloud cover cooled the hot air.... it just hit me! All the stress of the last few weeks preparing for this trip just floated away in that moment!

Good for you, to stop and appreciate all that's around and being able to relax. It's a lot of work to get ready for those trips. And even more work when you get home. I feel the same way when I get to one of my favorite desert destination's and just stare off at the view. (with a beer of course).;)

Mark

quikdrummer

Loc.
Chino Valley, AZ
Good for you, to stop and appreciate all that's around and being able to relax. It's a lot of work to get ready for those trips. And even more work when you get home. I feel the same way when I get to one of my favorite desert destination's and just stare off at the view. (with a beer of course).;)

Mark

its even better when you spend all the time getting loaded up, drive to the event, and your rig doesnt want to start, then when you get it pulled off the trailer it dies after getting its pictures taken and you nearly drain the battery cranking it over ;D

it makes the moment when you get thru a new trail youve never done before much more awesome

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
its even better when you spend all the time getting loaded up, drive to the event, and your rig doesnt want to start, then when you get it pulled off the trailer it dies after getting its pictures taken and you nearly drain the battery cranking it over ;D

it makes the moment when you get thru a new trail youve never done before much more awesome

I was just reading your carb mod when you posted this.