• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

23 Gallon Gas tank Install Help

Jamoaus

Hi everyone.

So i got a 23 gallon tank from TBP and started the install fine, however when mounting, it seems there is little to no room for the exhaust pipes running to the back,.
I’m curious what people did to resolve this issue? Did you reroute the pipes? Any pics would help.

Any help / guidance would be appreciated?

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I ran into the same issue. Had to cut a section of my exhaust off. It's headed to the exhaust shop next week for rerouting.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I too had an exhaust system that worked fine with a stock rear tank, but had to be modified in order to install a 23 gallon tank.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I have a few pictures of what I did to get around the TBP's tank. Look at my build thread (link in my signature below) page 18. Starting at post 349 - 355. Note the driver side picture of the tank and exhaust in post 355. Instead of using the factory tank strap hanging location. I opted to drill a hole in the frame. Straight up from the tank strap. Then I usd a piece of threaded rod into the frame with a self locking nut inside the frame and another nut on the outside of the frame to fasten the rod to the frame. This arrangement gave me a little more room for the exhaust. I did the same on the passenger side. I also fabricated my own exhaust hangers.

njy229

Contributor
Here are a couple pics.

Attachments

• IMG_6493.JPG
    IMG_6493.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6495.JPG
    IMG_6495.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 24