• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3.5 lift do I need a drop pitman arm?

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
I have installed a duff 3.5 lift and am getting ready to hook up the steering linkage and was wondering if I need a drop pitman arm or can I get away with the stock pitman? Thanks

Mattyq

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
More than likely you will need something to get your drag link and track bar parallel. You could try it with the stock pitman arm and see how bad the bumpsteer is, but I think you'll find you'll need something to compensate. If you ever intend to go TRO then I would recommend doing a track bar riser (Kiser Riser or WH) instead of the drop pitman.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The track bar drop bar or raise bracket and the drop pitman arm should be used together. Both or neither, unless you plan to go tie rod over. Then you would want to use either the raise or lower bracket and no drop pitman arm.
Either the raise or lower bracket will do the same job but the raise bracket will be stronger.

Recko555

I put a drop pitman on and a drop track bar bracket. A year later I took them off. I didn't want the added stress on the frame where the track bar mounts. I wouldn't put one on.