• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3.5 lift ??

trailnut

BANNED
Loc.
Rio Rancho
ok getting ready to buy a 3.5 lift kit complete front and back
my question is which is best for 50-50 use trails and road, and the vender
and why

thanks

gjrock

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Anacortes,WA
I like the WH kit with the rock crawler coils.They have good customer service and everyone that I have talked to that is running the same set up loves it.The ride on the street,trails and sand is good.

Mherriford

Loc.
Oregon City, OR
X2 on the cage stuff, I have the base 3.5 inch lift. went on easy rides and flexes waaaayyyy better than the old bronco ever has

gjrock

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Anacortes,WA
Check my gallery it is over to left under my name.The grey one is mine,the yellow one is WH 2.5 lift.Red one 2.5WH

broncotrip243.jpg

broncotrip134.jpg

Last edited:

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
Here's some pics...

Attachments

• bronco_side_october.jpg
    bronco_side_october.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF2344%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    DSCF2344%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF2346%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    DSCF2346%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 36

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I just installed a JBG 3.5" lift on one of my 73s. It was a nice kit good quality materials. I have not driven it yet but the rear springs seem to be a little stiff. My 67 has an old Rancho 3.5" lift kit it rides pretty good but the rear used an add a leaf and block. I would stay away from blocks in the rear go all spring it is worth the money! Pics in my gallery.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I put 3.5" blocks under the stocker springs with Duff shocks - rides VERY smooth, but blocks are not ideal. I have wheeled the crap out of my pickup with 2" blocks and the factor blocks stacked - even winched my truck out from the rear axle once. Blocks can be used to keep the stock suspension geometry, but there are better solutions out there. I am going to run the blocks until my full width swap this summer - I doubt I'll have any troubles at all with em.

Broncology

I have the duff 3.5" lift. Its still laying on the garage floor waiting to be put on. %) I like the quality and setup of the duff's lift (coils,springs,ext.arms,hoops,socks...all matching).

Chuck

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
the Duff lift is great if you love that damned blue color that they coat everything in. YUCK!

Really any of the newer kits, Cage, BC, WH etc with a full spring and rear leaf kit will ride miles above stock or the older kits. I run a 2.5 with a 2" body lift and 35's and I think the ride is great! It's a BC kit front and rear and I do have the cage arms which make it even more cushy, but it was a great ride before the cage arms IMHO.

Ben

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
thanks now where to get the best deals on a complete set up

Good luck with that ....the vendors prices will pretty much be set. You might find a used set up , and hope you get all the stuff , and that it has not been damaged too bad when the welds were cut.

I have never used a Duff kit , but that is where I'll go when the time comes.

Broncoholic1

JBG is a nice set up as long as you get the vari rate springs, I is heavy duty and stiff as hell no need for traction bar setup, nice for racing not rock houndin. I am looking into an extended arm for our next rig.

coreyvan77

I installed the Duff 3.5 kit about 8 years ago and am happy with it so far. Went with the dual shock hoop set up up front and add a leafs on the rear. I would also advise going with the complete leaf spring kit on the rear as the add a leafs ride a little stiff in my opinion. The 60/40 shocks really seem to work well in all weather conditions. I've have had no leakage on any of them yet and have 8 installed. For what it's worth, hope that helps.