• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3" Body Lift bolt locations

zerostar2410

ok, Ive done several body lifts on friends modern trucks. When it came time for me to do one on my 71, it was a pain in the ASS!! I didnt own a sawzall in the beginning of all this. after freeing 6 bolts and breaking 2, then not being able to get the body bushings out, i realized i needed to just cut those mother effers out so i made the trip to Home Depot for the sawzall.

I'll be finishing up tomorrow and was curious what bolts went where. I have the 3" BL from wild horses. Dont want to waste anymore time with this in the morning.

3 Inch Lift (i found these sizes)
4bolts x 6 1/4" (small)
2bolts x 7 1/4" (medium)
2bolts x 7 3/4" (large)

Thanks.

Last edited:

SDlivin

Loc.
San Diego
Agreed....

I finished my 2" WH BL a couple weeks ago.... couple of those original mounts were a PITA.

The instructions that came with my WH BL says 'Shortest 4 are for the front 4 body mounts. The next longest pair are for the body mounts just to the rear of the seats. The longest pair are for the body mounts at the back of the truck."

Good luck.