• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3-point Seatbelt options.

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
I did a search and found a few members using the WH seat belts but it sounds like my bungs in my cage for the shoulder mounts are going to be too low and cause the seat belt to be really slack. I have looked at some of the Heep style seat belts as well but not sure what other options are out there that are working well for others? Here is one that I am looking at now, but I'm not sure if it will work for me because I need to be able to bolt all the way through the roll cage for the shoulder mount. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• $T2eC16VHJHIE9nyseFk5BQp7Ydy8eQ~~60_3.JPG
    $T2eC16VHJHIE9nyseFk5BQp7Ydy8eQ~~60_3.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 142

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Ken it looks like those will work just fine. You can use your own bolt and bolt through your roll cage. I use the Wild Horses set up and it works well too.

Henry

techlaf

Contributor
All 3 points available from our vendors are not the same. I initially got what WH sells, but had to return them because the shoulder/roll cage mount has a really long ~9" hard plastic drop below the shoulder pivot loop. Others don't have this so I had to return the WH model and order from BC. BC's shoulder pivot loop is immediately connected to the shoulder point so it's mounted much higher than the WH model. This was essential for me as the barrel in my roll cage was already there and I didn't want to drill another hole higher.

You can see the difference in these two pics:
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Retractable_Lap_Shoulder_Belts
http://bcbroncos.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=441

Nothing wrong with what WH sells. It just didn't work for my application.

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks techlaf. That was the issue I figured I was going to have with the WH model as well due to my cage bung being a little low.

larryejoh

I used the Humvee seat belts you find on Ebay for under $30. They work great.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
I have the WH 3 point and it works, but the drop bracket is right at the point I can easily hit my head on it. I mounted mine a little to high so I am constantly putting it under my collar. Completely my fault for eyeballing it by myself and not getting someone to mark it.

Don't want to drill another hole in the cage, so I will wait until I get a new one before moving anything.

cs_88

Bronco Guru
Here are some pics of the Ebay seat belts installed.
I drilled the hole for the upper mount at 30" up from the base of my cage, it seems to be a pretty good height.

Attachments

• IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 488

cs_88

Bronco Guru
The Humvee belts are a nice kit. The hardware is the same thread size as the stock Bronco hardware so the floor mounts just bolt right in. The only drilling I had to do was on the roll bar.
Now if I could just figure out why my pictures keep uploading sideways.

cs_88

Bronco Guru
For the retractor I had to drill two holes, one for the mounting bolt and one for a locating tab that is on the back of the retractor that keeps it from swiveling.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'd like to have just a bucket seat with the seat belts in the seat. Anyone find any of these seat that fit into our Bronco.

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
The f150 extended cabs have seat belts in the seats, but they may be too tall to mount in a Bronco.

Bronco Bobby

Loc.
Hemet Ca
I just received a package of 6 Humvee belts sold without hardware. They came out to $15 per belt with shipping. I have not mounted them yet. I have a stock bench seat which is pretty wide. I hope it doesnt interfere with the install. Time will tell.