• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3 Speed on the floor......Need to hook up reverse lights

GSP9

Loc.
State College
3 Speed has been moved to the floor but the reverse lights are still at the column shifter. I would like to move them to the floor shifter (James Duff unit) but my concern is what exactly is involved in this. There was a new steel tunnel welded up and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room to get in there to work once I take the boot off. So my question is what parts would I need and does anyone have any instructions for these parts? I'd like to see exactly what is involved first because I'm just not sure I can get in there real well to add a back up light kit. Tried to google directions for this project but can't seem to find anything.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
takes a plunger switch the be driven off the shift arm like it was on the factory set up. extend the wiring down to the shifter head.
i think Mr Gasket sells a simple switch kit for it