• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX 302/efi/np435/d20 - fs

Status
Not open for further replies.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
NOTE - I HAD A LOT OF EWRRORS IN MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT THIS POST. you may want to reread it.

Sorry

I am in the process of replacing my engine, transmission, and transfer case.

I believe the engine is a 71 engine but I have no idea, it was in the Bronco when I got it. It runs good, starts good and does't smoke. It does however use abot a quart of oil in 500 miles but does not foul plugs (well at least not in 14K miles) It runs and acceletrates great but it is a 302 and it needs WOT to maintain 75 MPH going up hill towing my 4 wheeler trainler and having 800# on the Bronco. It will run faster than I care to drive it empty.

It has an 87 mustang SD fuel injection system the injectors were rebuilt and have 14K miles on them. 1" phenolic spacer. I will let this go with a Mustang Harness and i believe 3 SD computers.

It has a gear reduction starter with about 5K miles on it.

It has a NEW GM power steering pump already mounted (less than 500 miles ago) and a GM 100 amp alternator.

It has a new three bolt harmonic damper.

I hve no idea how many miles are on the NP435 but if you dont make sure you get it in scond it will pop out. I did rebuild th D20 14K miles ago as well.

It will also come wt a twin stick shifter I made.

I am building a 393/700R4/D20 but prett much have everthing I need for tht stup witout using any ofthis altough I might reuse my distributor.

The enine also has a fan clutch fourrow core radator and a steel fan shroud and does not have overheatng issues.

I also believe it has an RV cam or at least a shorter than stock duraion as the 302 seems to have a little more gunt than most 302s of that era.

I have no idea as to the heads or anyting else in the engine as it has always run well and I neverr had a reaason to get in it.

I have not yet decided on a price for the whole thing but I gaurantee it will be quite a bit less that it would take you to gather all this seperately.

I post now because its still in the vehicle and will be for at least another month. I figured that if someone drove it they would be more likely to buy it and feel good about it. If you were to uy it I would pull it for you as soon as I could but for now I am going to keep driving it myself until I gat the engine built and the transnission is shipped.

PM me if you think you want to drive it or are interested. I will part it out if there is no interest in it as it is. I just figured it might be a a popular enough combination that someone with a 6 cylindr three on the tree would love to get all of this.

PM me if you are interested and I will come up with a price once I have a chance to sit down and work it all out.

Problems with my left foot (I cant work the clutch in stop and go traffic or detailed offroad stuff without great pain) has required the transmission change otherwise I would keep the NP435.

Last edited:
OP
OP
00gyrhed

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
sorry, no one said anthing so the starter was used as a core for the 393.

Status
Not open for further replies.