• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

302 Radiator Bypass hose??

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Hey guys - an easy one for you.

I have a leak in the right angle hose connecting the water pump and intake. Can someone confirm if this is the right replacement hose from Autozone?

Hose looks a little small and is smaller in diameter on one end than the other it appears (or maybe just flared). Autozone's system thinks this is the one...

Any tips on changing it out? Was just planning to drain the radiator down a gallon or so, swapping the hose and topping off the coolant.

Will post a pic in a bit

Thanks!

OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Picture of hose. Appears to be less than 6 inches or so and a 90 degree bend
25211a366d392220ddf8b31d804bcb7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

JKH67302

Contributor
That's should be right, the Tstat housing side is larger. If I remember correctly one side is a 3/4 and the other is 5/8.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Yep ..depending on thermostat housing it'll be 5/8 on both ends or 3/4 at t stat housing and 5/8 at water pump...and you'll probably need to trim it since there made to fit 351w as well ,,

and by the looks of the heater hose in your PIC you might wanna consider those as well...But we all know where this can lead..:)

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, that heater hose looks as old as the bypass hose. I would change all the old hoses, and maybe the belts. Good luck