• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

35 spline Ford nine inch.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
68ford said:
man, had no idea, sorry for that waste. i thought it was a good deal.
No big deal.
I thought so too after someone suggested them here. They had the prices beat for everyone else which is why I tried them. Normally I simply avoid mentioning them at all and send people to Dutchmans or Complete Off Road instead because I really don't like to bash the vendors. Especially when it is usually just a misunderstanding. My payback for the bad deal is that I just never send them any more business when I am asked about mine. They've lost out on at least 2 other complete 35 spline deals because of it. SecondChance and GoFastCrackPipe both went through Dutchmans for theirs after asking me about mine when I could just as easily have sent them there instead.

bandit

Loc.
Afton
I did'nt know that,I'll be tickled if I can get the parts,and just do the locker,Arb,and just a simple Yukon axle upgrade for now.

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
Ok, I have just read through what I can find on swapping to 35 spline. One question I have is what sizes bearings did they offer on the stock carrier? I pulled mine apart a while back to swap the open center from my 69 Stang, so I could use the limited slip in my Stang, but the bearings in the stang was smaller than the one in my Bronco? I thought most of the 9"'s centers were the same.. I guess not..LOL!!
I may just go 31 spline's if it means a new nodular carrier..unless someone has a used one...LOL!!
Right now I am looking at 31 spline alloy axles and a full spool from Complete Off Road... I figure that will handle most anything I can dish out...But I wanted to look at the 35 spline option since I am upgrading any way...

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
RajinCajun said:
Ok, I have just read through what I can find on swapping to 35 spline. One question I have is what sizes bearings did they offer on the stock carrier? I pulled mine apart a while back to swap the open center from my 69 Stang, so I could use the limited slip in my Stang, but the bearings in the stang was smaller than the one in my Bronco? I thought most of the 9"'s centers were the same.. I guess not..LOL!!
I may just go 31 spline's if it means a new nodular carrier..unless someone has a used one...LOL!!
Right now I am looking at 31 spline alloy axles and a full spool from Complete Off Road... I figure that will handle most anything I can dish out...But I wanted to look at the 35 spline option since I am upgrading any way...
2.892 and 3.063.

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
Thanks Saddleup...Looks like I will be going 31 splines for now to save the extra $$ for the nodular housing... :( My pocket book isn't deep enough right now...