• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

350 cfm holley two barrel

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
found one new in the box thinking about running it on my fresh built 5.0 i have a 600 edelbrock on my current engine and i am not really interested in a TA the only other choice is an edelbrock 500 any body got any experience with the holley two barrels

72Sport

Bronco Guru
I don't know what model two barrel it was but I purchased a Holley replacement for the 1972 Motorcraft 2 barrel. I used it once. It didn't want to run when it saw a hill so I put the Motorcraft back on and put the Holley on ebay. For some reason I thought if you bought a factory replacement, smog legal carb it should perform as well as or better than the 30 year old Motorcraft. I called Holley Tech but they were no help. I wasn't about to modify a $300 carb to make it run on anything other than flat ground. Someday I might try the TA if my Qjet gives me any trouble.

Bronco_46256

Loc.
Elkhart
I do 100% street and my 350 cfm 2 barrel works awesome. Instant response and decent gas mileage. I was able to leave the stock jets too.

For a few years I had a 75 with a stock 302 and an automatic for also 100% street. I put a new 500 cfm 2 barrel and it was too much carb for that combo. I had to jet it way down and it still never started all that quick.

I'd highly recommend a 350 cfm for street. Cant say about offroadiness.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
bill has a 500 on his '53 F100, great on the street. taylor has a 350 holley on his truck and was having all kinds of trouble with it off road back in june.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
do they make an adapter plate so the 2 barrel would work on my 4 barrel intake

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
When I first got my bronco it had the 390 cfm holley i had to back up hills or it wouldn't run. The motorcrafts are better, but I soon changed it to a edelb. 600 and the drivibilty and fuel mileage was much better and it would always run on hills but would load up.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
They are or were available. My nephew tried to pass smog with a 2-4 adapter a couple of years ago on a 75 Peekup. Being the ball of fire he was it became exempt by the time he changed the manifold. I think everything went to the crusher adapter and all.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i think i am going to just rejet my eddy for now i just cant bring myself to buy another holley i guess i could buy it from summit and return it if i did not like it

ugly74

Bronco abuser
although I like the 4vs better, I'm currently running a 350cfm 2v on my 302.
throttle response isn't quite as "crisp" as a 4v, but other wise runs great.
I think the problwm with using them offraod is that they have center hung floats. but mine's seem some off camber situations and gets through okay.
just drop the float level a bit.
as for adapters, the only type I've found are for mounting EGR. but it works too, just make a block off plate, or bolt up the EGR and don't connect any vacuum to it. I have one pic in my gallery of it like that.

clayne

I would think you would run the 500 cfm 2 b holley. I have run the 350 on ford 2.3 and 2.8 engines not V8's. I have run a 500 holley on my in the past but if you are running a carb the factory motorcraft is best. From what I have seen it does good on steep hills.

kirkallen143

Loc.
Navasota, Texas
clayne said:
I would think you would run the 500 cfm 2 b holley. I have run the 350 on ford 2.3 and 2.8 engines not V8's. I have run a 500 holley on my in the past but if you are running a carb the factory motorcraft is best. From what I have seen it does good on steep hills.

Get a side hung float in a 500 cfm holley 2V. That's the reason the motorcraft does well up steep hills on V8's, just like the holley truck avenger...side hung floats. Yeah, holleys don't like to get jerked around off-road, I know this for a fact.