• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351 Cam Shaft for EFI swap

luke_hopper

Planning the EFI swap from a 98 ford explorer. I currently have the old firing order and know that many believe this works just fine. Being that Im tearing into this anyway and a cam is less than 150 bucks I think Ill just replace mine with one that would have the correct HO firing order for the fuel injection. My question is, what is everyone using, that have changed the firing order? I know nothing about cams. I do know that Im OK with the one I currently have which is a Comp Cam Xtreme Energy XE262H. See specs below

Duration
In EX
262 270

@.50"
in EX
218 224

Valve Lift
in EX
.493 .500

lob sep angle

I would like cam that can provide the low range needed to rock crawling that will provide me with a smooth idle. The intake will be the 5.0 EFI from a 98 explorer, aluminum heads with BCBroncos shorty headers.

Thanks for any ideas.