• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351 cleavland and fuel injection

brixter

Loc.
Tuolumne CA
Anyone have a clue if fuel injection is possible with a 351 cleavland or if it would be cost effective ??

76bogger

Loc.
New Carlisle, IN
Anyone have a clue if fuel injection is possible with a 351 cleavland or if it would be cost effective ??

I run Clevelands in my broncos, but not Fuel injected, its possible, but why just run a carb, or two Holly 660's like i do ;D :p gas$$$$$ 6bucks a gallons and i get 300ft on 2 gallons lol;D

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Yes, it is possible. Cost effective from what point of view? Are you trying to get better mileage out of your 351C? This report mentions that the mileage does improve. I don't know if it makes it "cost effective", though.

The coolness factor is pretty high.

http://www.detomaso.nu/~thomast/efi/

There are a couple of guys on this site (bmc69 and bax) that are running fuel-injected 400s. They almost had me talked into doing the same - but it isn't that cheap to do.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Here is the comander 950 set up on my 400. It runs but I am still trying to tune it. There is a lot of messin with it to get it running perfect. Not like a carb where you bolt on and go.
Pictures

Attachments

• P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 26
  • P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
brixter

brixter

Loc.
Tuolumne CA
What I mean by cost effective would be compared to a 351 w . Bax that looks too cool ! I looked at set ups for Panteras and thats just way too much for what I want to do. My neighbor has the 351c he wants to sell me for 500.00 bucks and I dont want to pass it up .
I plan on doing fuel injection to my next motor cause I cant stand carbs and I want more torque than my 302 , so a 351 is my first choice for motors.
He does have a 400 though also .

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
What I mean by cost effective would be compared to a 351 w . Bax that looks too cool ! I looked at set ups for Panteras and thats just way too much for what I want to do. My neighbor has the 351c he wants to sell me for 500.00 bucks and I dont want to pass it up .
I plan on doing fuel injection to my next motor cause I cant stand carbs and I want more torque than my 302 , so a 351 is my first choice for motors.
He does have a 400 though also .

I have looked at the cost comparison between putting a fuel-injected 400 in my EB vs. a fuel-injected 351W. After a lot of research, I am going to put a 351W in my EB (I already own a 400 - but it is still going to be cheaper to go out and get a used 351W and throw EFI on it). It is cheaper to do the 351W if you are going EFI.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I know for a fact the W is easer. The 400 is not a bad fit in fact the 400 fits better than the 351C because the heads are an inch taller on the block and it gives more room for the headers. The W is a stock deal everything about it is easer to make happen. I just like the C motors and I wanted EFI so here I am. It's not that hard, if it was I couldn't do it. I am no super mechanic by any means, I am a carpenter. Do what you want, enjoy. Life is short.

Bax