• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351 efi intake question (typhoon)

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
hey guys, i know that the popular opinion for 351 efi intakes seems to be for the gt-40 lower and the explorer upper. but the gt-40 seems to be kinda elusive and pricy to find. recently on ebay i saw an intake by professional products , i think it was the typhoon powerplus model that was very affordable . i think $138 for the lower and $175 for the upper. does any one out there have any experiance with this intake? it was for mustangs so i assume its not too high but i dont know for sure. the power range was advertised at 1500-6500. but i still dont know if this would be a good set up for a moderate 408. what is yalls opinion of this intake?

thanks a bunch guys! kevin

GubNi

Loc.
Northeast TN
I ordered one from that guy last week. I called a few days later and he tells me he is out of stock. Still waiting.

A&Mbronco

Loc.
Houston,TX
I've heard mixed things on the fit, some people have no problems others have to clean the casting up a bit to make them fit right. Its basically a copy of the edelbrock intake. I paid $400 for my 5.8 gt40 setup w/fuel rails and adjustable regulator

A&Mbronco

Loc.
Houston,TX
I found a lower intake for the 351 bought it, had to buy the 5.0 set to get the upper (trying to sell the 5.0 lower). Check out corral.net, stangnet.com, mustang guys are always selling them

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I have the professional products lower and an edelbrock upper. The fit is fine but the service from that guy on ebay is pretty bad. It took three times and 6 weeks for them to ship me the correct item. first I got a 351 carb setup next I got a 302 lower and finally I got two 351 lowers. Called the guy and told him he sent me two and he said that that was not possible. I kept it around for 6 months waiting for them to ask me to return it. they never called so I sold the second one. The set up they sell is a copy of the edelbrock made in china.