• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351 efi with 5.0 upper intake

hmh800

Hi guys-
New to the forum. Selling my 86 CJ7 with 5.0 efi to buy a bronco(more room for family).
Couple of questions:
I would like to put a roller 351 in it, and see that BC Broncos sells an adapter to use the 5.0 upper intake. Does this clear a stock hood? Anyone running this setup, and how does the 5.0 computer/Mass Air Sensor work with the larger motor?
Also, how much does anyone tow with their EB? I'm hoping to pull my Starcraft 13rt (3000lb. with brakes). Is that nuts?
Thanks again.

badol'74

Loc.
Oxnard
I used to pull a 19 foot travel trailer with my 77 Bronco and a stock 351w. It had a load equalizing hitch with a sway controller, along with electric brakes. Fortunately for me I never had to make an emergency stop. I don't think I would attempt it with my current rig.

Scrapper_MV

You could tow that much, but make sure the brakes on the trailer & Bronco are top notch! And dont expect a C4 tranny to last very long.