• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351w Lightning Lower- Baffle question

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
I found a Lightning lower intake and it looks like it is missing the baffle on the underside. After a little research, it looks like this is the aftermarket version offered by Ford Motorsports. Should I be concerned that it doesn't have the larger baffle like the standard intakes that came on the Lightnings?

Attachments

• IMG_4808.jpg
    IMG_4808.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 67

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I wouldn't worry about it. You don't want to use the PCV hole on the back of the intake anyway...unless you what to measure mile per quart.

Lots of threads on oil consumption and that PCV location. I tried it...my intake has the baffle and I even bought the screen that goes in the PCV hole. Oil was just disappearing....Plugged it off and used a valve over hole and problem solved.

Tim

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I wouldn't worry about it. You don't want to use the PCV hole on the back of the intake anyway...unless you what to measure mile per quart.

Lots of threads on oil consumption and that PCV location. I tried it...my intake has the baffle and I even bought the screen that goes in the PCV hole. Oil was just disappearing....Plugged it off and used a valve over hole and problem solved.

Tim

Timmy what do you mean by valve over hole?

I experienced the same issue with my old 5.0 as well and would like to keep oil consumption to a min. ThX!

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Timmy what do you mean by valve over hole?

I experienced the same issue with my old 5.0 as well and would like to keep oil consumption to a min. ThX!

I used the valve cover off the van donor which has a pcv hole. I think the F150's have the same. My oil fill is on the P side at the rear and the pcv is on the D side up front.

I'll try and find a pic

Tim

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida

Tim

Well dam ... this is new to me. Good to know if I run into this problem with my new motor. I’m running a new TrickFlow set up with PVC in the back like stock location.