• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351W Offenhauser Manifold

MDBronco

I have this intake on my 351W mated to a 4bbl Edlebrock carb.

I am going to do a rebuild here soon. Is this a good intake manifold?

I remember when I had my old 2.9L ranger, the offenhauser manifolds were really rare, and I think only used overseas on the V6 cars. I believe I read that somewhere...

Anyways, the Offenhauser Manifold, any good?

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Yes Offies are good stuff. Not saying that there isn't better out there to date but they are generally good. Have never had one on a 351w but had one on a Mopar 360 and it worked really well

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I had one on my 67's 289 with reworked heads. I it was pretty good. I think they are all pretty comparable (edelbrock/offy/FMS)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Offy's are just not as popular as they were in the 50's and 60's might be maeketing but they still sell new manifolds. I'd use it as they are usually way better than stock 4V manifolds

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I have the 351w offy in the garage. It appears to be camparable to a performer, but the offy has the holes to bolt down a q-jet without any adapter. I did have to bore out the manifold a little for the secondaries. Im hoping to test it out soon. Then I don't need hood scoop.

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
Some have 8 holes to bolt the carb to like steveL said you don't need an adapter for a Qjet.