• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351W SEFI - It runs, it runs, it runs!!!!

OP
OP
70EB

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Silverhorse said:
Beautifull job! I'm in the process of doing the same. What fan and radiator are you running?

I am using the BCB reverse rotation 17" fan (noisey) and the JBG 4 core aluminum rad (box said Howe). I had to get creative to move the radiator forward about 2" for clearance of the serpentine setup. Did it without cutting the core support.

Salgood

Loc.
Kalispell
Wow - that is just plain awesome!!!!!!!! I am about to start the same project on mine, however I am not sure whether to start with the crate motor or find one at a wrecking yard and do a rebuild. If you don't mind me asking what do you have into the engine and fuel injection???? I already have the tanks....I need the engine and a complete fuel injection system!!

Once again...that is very impressive!

BC

OP
OP
70EB

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Salgood said:
Wow - that is just plain awesome!!!!!!!! I am about to start the same project on mine, however I am not sure whether to start with the crate motor or find one at a wrecking yard and do a rebuild. If you don't mind me asking what do you have into the engine and fuel injection???? I already have the tanks....I need the engine and a complete fuel injection system!!

Once again...that is very impressive!

BC

Shoot me an email and I will send you the spreadsheet that I tracked parts on for a list. wcdeod at earthlink.net

crawln68

Bronco Guru
70EB said:
I have been lurking on NORCAL Broncos and watching your buildup and engine update. Very nice job. That thing is going to be a runner. After seeing yours, it is a great compliment from you. Thank you.

Ha! Busted! You lurker you. You should sign up and post some pics. As awesome as yours looks, the NorCal boys would love to see your rig! So have you driven it yet? I'm dieing to see how you like it. I love mine so far. Still breaking it in, but I can tell already that it has a huge power advantage over my stock 5.0.

OP
OP
70EB

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Well I was able to get the O2 sensor bungs welded in and that solved my loping idle issues. Smoothed right out.

I have a small coolant leak to fix but it is running nice.

My big issue now is that I need help with my tracbar drop bracket. It is the JD type and it is moving around too much. I know it should be welded on but I have not ventured down the road of a welder purchase yet and the steering is very scary (bottom of driveway and back up again).

Anyone local to Fayetteville, NC want to help me out with welding a tracbar drop bracket in place???? This is one of the last things to get me on the road.