• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351w to 700r4 to atlas 4speed

hardcharger

Loc.
San Diego
ok i'm in afghan, truck is in my front yard back home. i want to order my atlas and adapters. what spec would you guys order? there are a lot of options on those atlas, i know someone on here has the same setup.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I don't have a 351W but the setup would be very similar. Without digging out all my paperwork, you'll need the motor plate adapter between the engine and transmission, and there's a thin adapter (~1.5" thick) between the transmission and the t-case. Look up the input spline count for the t-case - I think it's 27 spline. Driver's side drop. I went with the 3.8 low range case. For a lot of what I do, I like the 2.7 reduction in the planetaries. 3.8 for the slow stuff and stupid low (10.xx) for exhibition purposes only.

Todd Z.