• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

352?

hackyrat

The local paper has a FREE 352 ford engine. What is a 352? Hoping it is a 351 for free. Free is a very good price. Have to check it out.

Amac70

ME
a 352 is a 352 not a 351 it is not nothing you want. Unless you got a truck to put it in. I believe it is part of the big block family but not sure but am almost positive it won't go in a bronco with out a lot of work and time.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Yes , a 352 is a big block "FE" engine. Same as 390,410, 427, 428. IF the engine would fit , any factory high performance parts would be big bucks. They make some aftermarket stuff now including aluminum heads , but stay away from it.

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
My uncle has a 57 Ford Fairlane with a "Police Interceptor 352" in it and it is bear to find parts for.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Wow, it's amazing what you can learn on this board sometimes. I'd never heard of a 352 until this post, and now I know what it is. Cool.

G

My neighbor has a '65 Fairlane conv with a 352, that's all I know about it.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Oh yes, The 352 back in the early sixtys could be had with a lot of horsepower. ALL of the "FE" engines are a 352 block.

67ster

Bronco Guru
I wouldn't put one in an EB because of the physical size of FE motor . With an aftermarket aluminum intake they aren't that heavy and if you mix and match the right parts you can have a 450 + CID mill .Perfomance parts are getting rare though , like the 427 side oiler blocks and the 428 cranks . We raced a 406 in our class 8 truck and had no problem staying with some of the big boys of the day ,our biggest problem was keeping the shiny side up !!

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Blue Oval Boy is right come to think of it. Hey you never know , just because it says 352 on the front of the block doesn't mean it's a 352. Maybe it is a 427 or 428 and then it would be like hitting the lottery. $$$$$$$$$$ if it is either of those.

orange_J

Loc.
Allen, TX
Pick it up and then turn around and sell on ebay.<br>My buddy got a free boat out of the paper that didn't run. He put it on ebay and got $1500 for it. Then use that money for some more EB stuff.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
[quote author=2badrotties link=board=5;threadid=12627;start=0#94427 date=1040949789]<br>Oh yes, The 352 back in the early sixtys could be had with a lot of horsepower. ALL of the "FE" engines are a 352 block. <br>[/quote]<br><br>FE????????????????

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
<br><br>FE????????????????<br>
<br><br><br>Yes FE, the meaning of the letters is a debate that should not be started here for there is no definate answer, and has been debated over and over by many people throughout its history.<br>Anyways FE's were Fords Engines that came out after the Y-blocks ended. They are reffered to as big blocks but are no way close to the 429/460 big block. They started out as 330 ci and went up to 428 ci from the early fifties to their end in the mid seventies. They were used for any and all of fords cars trucks and racing adventures.<br>Ok so now are you gonna ask what a Y-block is? LOL ;D

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
had a 69 f-100 w/352 it kicked ass and was tough as hell had it until 88 and the only thing I replaced on her was a waterpump.

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
Didn't the 352 have a funky rod setup? I thought I read somewhere that the left rods were hooked directly to the right banks rods instead of the crank? ?:? ?:? ?:?

67ster

Bronco Guru
RB , the only funky thing about the rods was the fact they wouldn't take much RPM with the production piece . Ford built a "Le Mans" rod for high performance use . Most of the hi-po stuff back in the 60's that ended up on the dragstrips were a spin off from NASCAR racing as the maker had to actually produce and sell 500 units to the general public .