• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

36" Tires-They fit!!!

Broncosix

Loc.
Indianapolis, IN
Well the new tires finally came in, 36x13.5x15 Super Swamper Irok's.
I was a little nervous that they would rub, but so far they have not touched anything yet.
I only have a 3.5" suspension lift and no body lift. I may install the 2" body lift, but for now I think its ok.

I have not had the Tires off road yet, but they ride like a Cadilac on the highway. Road noise is a little more than the BFG muds, but the ride is supersmooth.

Does anyone else run the Irok's? How are they off road? I know for the price I could not pass them up. Picked them up at my local 4 wheel parts store for $155.00 per tire.

Attachments

• 11-11-04.JPG
    11-11-04.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 386

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Looks sweet. Wonder how they will wear on the street? Thats a pretty good price though. For that price a little extra wear would be just fine. is that the normal price range for those or did you get a good deal on them?

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
Just had my set put on last Friday. I run a 3.5 suspension and 2 body. My rig has a small set of fiberglass flares and I had to trim them a bit for clearance. Guess thats a good excuss to tell the wife I need a set of Warflares. We are leaving out in the morning for the Uwharrie National Forest. Planning on getting some pics there. I talked with a fella with a CJ8 that runs the 36 Iroks and he highly recomended them. He said they worked as good if not better than the TSL/SX and the only thing better in the mud would be a Bogger. We'll see tomorrow. :cool:

OP
OP
B

Broncosix

Loc.
Indianapolis, IN
They are the bias ply version, they also make radial Iroks but they are alot more money. I got a real good deal on them, I think they are normally around $177.00 per tire.
Not sure on the tread wear, I know the manager at 4wheel parts has over 5k on his radial Iroks and they look new.

71 BRNCO

Can we get some more pictures of these tires. I can get absolutely killer deals on these tires and would like to see some different viewpoints of them to see if I like them. I also need to know about how they wear on the road.
kyle

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
I run with a guy that has the IROKs. He says treadwear on the road is horrid, but performance offroad is great. He runs mostly rocks and he says they perform better after they wear a bit.

yak67

Bronco Guru
That is one good looking rig...nice job, love those tires, and was wondering if they would fit with 3.5" lift. Are those warflares?

eds66bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Essex, Vermont
what rims are those? procomp? 10"? (hijack)i need to figure out what backspacing i need for the d44 disk brake knuckle with tie rod over bulletproof steering. anyone know? the stock 95 f150 alloys rub the rod ends.

now back to you

very nice looking combo.

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
Looks very nice! You should be very proud ;D
If you don't have some type of antitheft I would seriously consider something. Too nice for someone else to get there hands on. :'(

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
Like most Swampers they are a softer compound tire. But I believe that is why they do what they do when others won't. If you are looking for a daily driver Swamper I'd suggest the Truxus MT's. I have a set on my 1500 Dodge. Drive 25mi one way to work everyday. They wear more like a regular radial and drive very well. They have factor siping, so they work really great in the rain and ice.

OP
OP
B

Broncosix

Loc.
Indianapolis, IN
Thats correct, it is a 3.5" lift with bushwacker flares. I did have to move them up to the body line and do some trimming to the innerfenders. The wheels are Pro Comp Extreme alloys 10"
I will post some pics of the tires close up so you guys can see the treadpattern better.
Thanks
PS here one of the engine (sorry its a little dirty)

Attachments

• engine1.JPG
    engine1.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 96

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Those 36's look Saweet! Got to get me some of those! Very nice rig !! ;D

KJHill

Contributor
Loc.
Central WA
Yah, they do look great! I was thinking about the radial version of them or the radial TSL 36x14.5x15's. I have the TSL radial 36x12.5x16's on my Chebby & the hold up very well & are reasonably smooth on the hwy. I wonder how well the radial Iroks would compare to the TSl radials? Has anyone used them both and have an opinion? (I feel like I've stolen this tread... ;) ).

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
76 explorer said:
looks good! ive been wondering if a 13.5 tire was too wide for a 8 inch wide wheel. what do ya think?

It's not ideal, but you could lower the pressure a bit and get by......

Jeepincj7

Loc.
Lake Elsinore, CA
I've been running the Iroks for almost a year. I switched from 37" MTRs to the 36" Iroks bias plys. I love the tire. Cheap, and they kick ass offroad. I do run beadlocks with them so I routinely air down to 5psi in back and 6.5psi up front with these. I've run them in everything except mud(I hate mud). Most recent trip was the Hammers where I ran Claw and Sledgehammer. They've also been up Wrecking Ball, but on an older rig when they were brand new. I've run sand in Ocotillo Wells and Truckhaven as well as the Rubicon and all over Big Bear. They flat out hook up everywhere. Better than the MTRs offroad. Not as good on road except they do get better wet traction on the street than my MTRs did.

The compound on these is just as soft as a red label Krawler(competition compound), so they will wear quickly. But, at $152/tire(Sam's offroad price), they are extremely cheap. Sidewall strength is excellent as with most bias play swampers). They measure out at the exact same height as an MTR too. I still run an MTR spare. I would say that I am fairly hard on tires, and these have been a great tire, although my next set will be a set of 39.5" Iroks. Sledgehammer three weeks ago:
20041023111332_PICT0680.JPG

The old rig on Wrecking Ball. Yeah, its a Jeep:
55.jpg

wilson

Like jeepincj7, I've run mine since early spring on 10" beadlocks at 5-6 psi with excellent results. Mostly rocks, with A little mud mixed in. Just got back from Disney OK they gripped just fine! Running 3.5 BC lift, 1" bl and 1.5" wheelspacers, no rubbing at full articulation. ;D

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
Here is a pic from today's ride. I'm very pleased with the Iroks. Couldn't have asked for any more tire today.

Attachments

• 102-0289_IMGa.jpg
    102-0289_IMGa.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 74