• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4 deg radius arm bushing installation question

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure which way to install the new bushings for my lift. I haven't looked at the parts themselves to see if they are marked, so I thought I'd ask before getting to this today. I'm assuming I want the front axle to be forced down.

If I was looking at a side view of the bronco, with radius arms currently parallel to the ground, do I install the new 4 deg bushings so that the arm then angles downward as it travels from the frame to the front axle? %)

Don't be mean guys ;D

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
wrong bushings bronconut. I meant the radius arm to frame bracket bushings, not the c-bushings.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
wrong bushings bronconut. I meant the radius arm to frame bracket bushings, not the c-bushings.

Those are not 4° bushings. And they really are self explanatory on how to install. All 4 bushings are the same and there is no top/bottom/front/back to them. Just direct swap and done.

The radius arm to axle bushings, those do have a degree correction to them. They do matter how they are installed. All 4 bushings are the same, but you need to read the molding on them to know what the correct orientation is. The thicker part goes to the upper in the rear, and the lower in the front.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Those are not 4° bushings. And they really are self explanatory on how to install. All 4 bushings are the same and there is no top/bottom/front/back to them. Just direct swap and done.

The radius arm to axle bushings, those do have a degree correction to them. They do matter how they are installed. All 4 bushings are the same, but you need to read the molding on them to know what the correct orientation is. The thicker part goes to the upper in the rear, and the lower in the front.

Thanks broncobowsher. I definitely have the c-bushings figured out, just needed the info on the rear bushings.

Derekryan84

Loc.
Henderson, Tx
My bushings did have a specific way they went. I put TBP ext radius arms on and the bushings came from WH. Anyways they are reduced in size on one side of the bushing. The reduced part goes towards the hole on the mount. So the two bushings touch inside the mount and keep the stud on the arm from touching the mount. Sorry if this is confusing would be easier with pics but I'm not around my bronc

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the reply derek, those are what I have. I have them installed now and it went pretty straightforward.