• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4 Speed and 205 Question

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Our base paper has a guy parting out a 76 4x4 truck. He is selling the 4 speed manual tranny and 205 transfer case. Can this be adapted to my 72 EB? If so, is $350 reasonable?

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
He said he has the cross member for it. Not sure if it will work in mine, but if so, will this bolt right up or will I need an adapter?

telcolineman

it will bolt up if it has a small block bell housing, The 205 is really tight in the frame but it will fit. You will have to fab a crossmember though

bax

Contributor
Old Member
435 uses the same clutch assy as the stock 3 speeds, so it will bolt up to your bellhousing, The 205 is a tight fit but it works well. You will need to fab mounts for the 205 . The 435 will use your stock trans crosmember. You may have to move it back about an inch. You will need driveshafts. Also a 1'' body lift would help a bunch but you dont have to have one.

Not a bad price
Good luck
Bax

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
all said and done it will gain you little but strenght the 205 low range is only 1.92-1 but the granny gear of the NP435 helps so you may be slightly lower than your current low range but not much. The granny first will help though but as the others said drive shafts will have to be modified that may cost you the most. You also have to make sure its the married version if its the divorced version it will be to long for a bronco. I believe there are also two lenghts of adapters on the ford trucks with the shorter one being more benifical for a bronco swap. overall $350 not to bad of a price I'd try to get it cheaper but still even if you dont use it you may be able to sell it easily.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Make it worth your while, stick a 203 inbetween.................

Try and get it for less......

Attachments

• DSC00837.JPG
    DSC00837.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00344.JPG
    DSC00344.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 26

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Price is a little high. At the Puyallup swapmeet they were selling between $150 and $200 for the pair.