• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4link build

bronco69drp

Loc.
Cordova TN(memphis)
my spring 4link project:
1)move the rear axle back 14''
2)four link the rear axle & use coil springs
lower links: 1.5x.500 wall dom sleved with 1.75x.120 wall dom
upper links: 1.25x.620 wall dom
all hiem joints 3/4-16 cro-mo hiems
4link-2.jpg

tonto

Bronco Guru
That pic of the back of your bronco looks like you narrowed the tub or did you boat tail it?

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
If you moved the axle back 14", how do you keep the rear tire out of the tail light post at full stuff? Even with a dovetail it seems like it would hit.

Tell me what you did. I'm thinking that I'll get 5-6" out of mine before it interferes. My thing is though, I'm not going to dovetail the back, I always want to be able to run a full top and doors.

Projp

Tell me what you did. I'm thinking that I'll get 5-6" out of mine before it interferes. My thing is though, I'm not going to dovetail the back, I always want to be able to run a full top and doors.[/QUOTE]

I moved mine back 7.5" and it clears with 37" tires.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Thanks Prop.

Would you mind sending me some pictures so I can see what you did. I want 100-103" WB when it's all said and done.

Projp

The computer with my pics in it just died. If I can't revive it I will take some new ones.
Jeff

Projp

I am sitting right now at 99.5 with only moving the back. I started by moving the leaves as far back on the frame as I could, which is about 7.5". After twisting my 9" housing I found a Tera 60 and linked it. I might get an inch or two more back, but it is not going to come easy.

Attachments

• Bronc long1.jpg
    Bronc long1.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Bronc long2.jpg
    Bronc long2.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Bronc long3.jpg
    Bronc long3.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Bronc long 4.jpg
    Bronc long 4.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 267

UNCLEBEN

Loc.
Boise, Id
Projp
When you moved the leafs back did you just cut of the brackets and move them back?

Do you have any pics of it on leafs ?

I am thinking about doing this at the same time as a shackle flip.

Projp

7.5" is about the limit without extending the frame. The rear of the frame should be boxed. I just ground off the old brackets and reused them.
I cut the 23 gallon tank to fit between the crossmenber and rear of the bed and raised it so it was flush with the crossmember. I havent had any problems hitting the crossmenber or tank.
I am no body man, but I did the best I could.

Attachments

• axle 6.jpg
    axle 6.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 117
  • axle 5.jpg
    axle 5.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 100
  • axle 4.jpg
    axle 4.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 154
  • axle 3.jpg
    axle 3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 67
  • axle 2.jpg
    axle 2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 72
  • axle 1.jpg
    axle 1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
OP
OP
bronco69drp

bronco69drp

Loc.
Cordova TN(memphis)
Gummi Bear said:
If you moved the axle back 14", how do you keep the rear tire out of the tail light post at full stuff? Even with a dovetail it seems like it would hit.

Tell me what you did. I'm thinking that I'll get 5-6" out of mine before it interferes. My thing is though, I'm not going to dovetail the back, I always want to be able to run a full top and doors.

i extended the wheel well back all the way & trimmed the body as close to the tail lite posts as i could. but what really keeps my tires out of the body is i limit the up travel to only about 6''. i reset my shocks to 35% up travel & 65% down travel. i did this to allow for more axle articulation while crawling over rocks. i dont jump my bronco so the up travel is no sacrifice.
i also use extended bump stops.:cool:
my wheelbase is now 106''.;D

OP
OP
bronco69drp

bronco69drp

Loc.
Cordova TN(memphis)
got the fox2.0 coilovers installed:D

Attachments

• coilover1.JPG
    coilover1.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 122
  • coilover2.JPG
    coilover2.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 82
  • coilover3.JPG
    coilover3.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 112
  • coilover4.JPG
    coilover4.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 85
  • coilover5.JPG
    coilover5.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 113

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I like where you're going with this.

Got some more detailed pics showing the upper mounting for your coilovers?

MikeEB

Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Looking REALLY good. When you get around to pics how bout some clean side shots showing the entire WB and some pics of how your front is set up.
Keep up the good work.

Mike