• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4R70W - Body lift?

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
None should be required. If you do add some body lift it makes it easier to work around stuff. ;D

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
In the write up in the tech section, the guy said he had to cut the floor board.

I'd prefer not to have a body lift, so this is good news.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Being the one who wrote the tech article I can probably elabroate a little more.
I just used a trimmed down cake pan as a nice bubble in the floor.

Completely stock body should need about 1" of body lift.
If you are running a 302, you might be able to get away with a little more tilt on the engine and not need to cut the floor or body lift. With the 351 I couldn't tilt the engine enough to get away with that. The back of the heads were touching the body at the same time the transfer case was up into the floor.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Nobody said:
Thanks for clearing that up. :beer:

What kind of milage are you getting?

Mileage is up to about 13 highway with the cruise set about 65.
In town it is lucky to get 10. Anyone got a set of baja claws with good tread cheap? That skinny pedal on the right does a good job at removing tread in short order. ;D

It is so much more fun to drive on the street with an automatic then the old 4 speed :D :D :D