• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4R70W/NP205 crossmembers/support

Mikesimp70

I have seen the threads on building these. Is anyone aware of an off the shelf solution for both of these?

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You can use BC Broncos ZF crossmember if you fab a new transmission mount see my build for pics

KeithKinPhx

I have the cross member in my garage. Haven't installed the 4R70W yet. Solid aluminum. Doesn't look like a tough item to cut. The trick is the dimensions. Got it from BC Broncos.

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
The trans crossmember and mount is not too tough to create if you have some square stock and welding skills. However you also need to make a second mount for the transfer case too. Neither is too tough but you need both.

DJs74

Bronco Guru
I have seen the threads on building these. Is anyone aware of an off the shelf solution for both of these?

You may have already run across it but the member on here named "sanndmann3" has offered his setup a couple times within the past few months, once for me specifically as I was going down this road but with the C4/205 duo.
sanndmann3 is running the exact setup you are referring to. He did a great job on his cross member and support brackets as well as others on here... just in case you go the fabrication route, his threads will be beneficial for you

DJs74