• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4r70w/Q-Jet TPS info needed

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Anyone out there running a 4R70W with a Q-Jet carb? I'm looking for a throttle position sensor to use and would like some suggestions. Thanks!

Amac70

ME
probably going to have to make something work. its not that complicated a system, you might look at the holley kit and see if you can make it work on the qjet with a little massage.

OP
OP
Nightstick

Nightstick

Bronco guy
probably going to have to make something work. its not that complicated a system, you might look at the holley kit and see if you can make it work on the qjet with a little massage.
I thought about that, but wasn't sure if it'd work or not. I found a universal one a while back, but of course can't find it now... seems as though some of the q-jets came with a TPS on them, but kine doesn't have one.

bronconate68

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
That is the route I took with a truck avenger. Used the end of a Lokar C4 kick down cable. Its been working great for a year now. Only stuck open once on New Years day. I had to swap the first one the ohm numbers weren't correct. The swap at the parts store was no problem.

price209

Loc.
Folsom
Give the guys at Bauman a call. They are more than helpful and just came out with a direct fit to for edelbrock carbs so they may have something in the works or would know where to point to.